DARK_DEMON_SCRIPTER

Question

7 answers to this question

[ @DARK_DEMON_SCRIPTER ]
---
Sure you can, test drive it first to make sure it is also working in GG. Since LUA is embedded into GG, so it has limitation from GG itself compared to original LUA:

• - Can't / limited metatables
  • - Can't import external modules
  • - Modules that can access root namespace is disabled, such as "os"
  • - I forgor, etc.

---

Edited by Xaviesz

7 minutes ago, Xaviesz said:

- Modules that can access root namespace is disabled, such as "os"

This is an issue considering nature and philosophy of ggos.execute and io.popen should be optional mean can activate it from the settings, and always warn user when it get used just like gg.makeRequest, what do you think about this @Enyby@Sysadmin @BadCase @NoFear @Lover1500

10 minutes ago, MAARS said:

This is an issue considering nature and philosophy of ggos.execute and io.popen should be optional mean can activate it from the settings, and always warn user when it get used just like gg.makeRequest, what do you think about this @Enyby@Sysadmin @BadCase @NoFear @Lover1500

If GG ever gets updated I can pretty much guarantee that they will not be enabled, Enyby has been pretty clear about this in the past.

20 minutes ago, BadCase said:

If GG ever gets updated I can pretty much guarantee that they will not be enabled, Enyby has been pretty clear about this in the past.

Oh

43 minutes ago, Xaviesz said:

[ @DARK_DEMON_SCRIPTER ]
---
Sure you can, test drive it first to make sure it is also working in GG. Since LUA is embedded into GG, so it has limitation from GG itself compared to original LUA:

• - Can't / limited metatables
  • - Can't import external modules
  • - Modules that can access root namespace is disabled, such as "os"
  • - I forgor, etc.

---

Tried in gg it took long time but no results are found 

But it was working fine in normal lua

[ @MAARS ]
---
Considering newer version of Android, I do agree that this should be an optional option with some addition of warning pop-ups that the scripts contain dangerous code that access root namespace, either via normal code or through module detection. If "security concern" is the reasons, then it is safe to say that; it is now Android jobs to enforce that (security concern is no longer our responsibility), remembering Android 13-12 has started to be more stricter when it comes to accessing root namespace. We can already see numerous apps that affected by this (Termux, Virtual Apps, even Game Guardian)
---
I do think that we should make some exception by allowing "os" module to be implemented only on Newer version of Android (11-13). Theoretically, "os" module now can only access the game namespace, since accessing root namespace is now actively countered by Android  OS itself. This will benefit by alot, we can access an actual game-file without waiting it to be loaded first into memory (Since memory is flushed once in a while, we can't really depends on Memory, we need more).
---