Game Guardian: Android 14

MC874

[ Introduction ]
Hi @everyone, in recent times, Android has just released version 14, which includes some SDK restrictions. The requirements are that apps should at least be under SDK version 24+, or else installation fails. Another problem is that Game Guardian hasn't been updated for years (March 22, 2021, since the last update), a total of 2 years. I understand that life can be unbothered sometimes, and I hope there's some confirmation regarding this instead of intending it as an "unforseeable future" kind of thing. I've seen a rising number of these issues on HelpGeneral Discussion, and in other possible sections of the forum. I recommend anyone who has a newer device or just recently updated to Android 14 to follow this topic. Here, I propose several possible solutions regarding this issue:

[ Main Course ]
You can bypass SDK enforcement using shell commands, which you need to install Game Guardian manually through command line. You can achieve this through ADB: Android Debug Bridge or Termux: Terminal for Command Line application. This tutorial will split into 2:

{ ADB: Android Debug Bridge }
This step doesn't require "Root" permission, but before proceeding into the main tutorial. We should prepare several things:

1. Computer / Laptop running Windows OS
  2. A cable data
  3. Download ADB depedencies: here
  4. Android device with "USB debugging".
  5. If your device "cant be recognized" or simply not exist on "Device Manager", you need to install: Universal ADB Driver

Then read: XDA: Install ADB & Enable USB Debugging. Now put this command on your command prompt / powershell / gitbash / or whatever terminal you use:

# Check if our device works properly
adb devices

# Install Game Guardian manually through ADB
adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block <path_to_game-guardian.apk>

# If ADB is unresponsive / bugged, do:
adb kill-server
adb start-server

{ Termux: Terminal }
The only requirement is you need "Root" permission, this is the most easiest way. Since you're going to Install Game Guardian, I assume you already have one (Yes, Game Guardian requires "Root" permission, duh). Download: Termux and Just go ahead execute this command:

pkg update
pkg upgrade
pkg install tsu
pkg install android-tools
sudo adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block <path_to_game-guardian.apk>

{ Virtual Machine }
This is suitable way for non-rooted users. Android 14 is relatively new, some of your ROM/OS might not support "Rooting" yet. Virtual Machine allows you to emulate another Android inside your Android 14 (or etc). Usually it comes with older Android version. I suggest to use Virtual Machine with Android 7 or 9 as you're not going to face any redundant issues, like Android 10-14 did. I would recommend using "VPhoneGaGa":

Modded APK }
You can try to edit Game Guardian SDK: ("android:targetSdkVersion" to version 24+) and ("android:minSdkVersion" to 24+) on Manifest.xml using: APK Editor. You can also download already modded Game Guardian here (credit to @HEROGAMEOfficial ) :
📥: Game Guardian :📥

[ Aftermath ]
With that, you can simply reference this topic in case there's someone that facing the same problem. I hope this topic can help you and other people. Thank you for reading.

Edited by MC874
game-guardian

• 3 weeks later...

@MC874 This guide is really confusing. 
For example, I downloaded the GameGuardain apk file to the default Download folder in my Android device. I believe the path of the download folder is /storage/emulated/0/Download
So if I want to use Termux to install the apk, will I type this in Termux app, "sudo adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block /storage/emulated/0/Download/GameGuardian.101.1.apk" or how am I going to type it?

Edited by john316

will I type this in Termux app, "sudo adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block /storage/emulated/0/Download/GameGuardian.101.1.apk"

Hi @john316, yes you're correct.

This guide is really confusing. 

Could you mention which part that made you confused? I'll improve the thread to give more context, thanks 😄

On 11/24/2023 at 2:21 PM, Hann26 said:

Now i'm getting this error, how can I fix it?

Screenshot_20231124-101931_Termux.png

I am getting exactly this error, saying no devices/emulators found

On 11/25/2023 at 8:39 AM, kiynox said:

[ @Hann26 ]
---
It means the adb didn't start correctly, restart the adb server:

sudo adb kill-server
sudo adb start-server

---

I input these and still getting the same error.

[ @john316 ]
---
Then the problem is: you need to enable "USB Debugging" on Developer Settings, or you need to repeatedly kill-start the ADB server until it works:

Screenshot_20231127-080352.png

---

Edited by kiynox