Search causes Reboot problem

Quayron

Question

i have been using this app for years, last week i decided to update my twrp and decided to do clean install, anyway, i have S20U custom rom (sac23) android 11 on my phone right now, and i have been using gg app on this exact same setup for months, then after i did clean install and decided to install the app back, but this was some stuff different than before i dont even know if it suppose to be that way, 

-in the past i was just installing the app and it was working 

this time when in install up to date version right away, it asked me to  install newer version autamatically and it asked another name different than game guardina , so i dont know if its virus or it suppose to be that way, 

-why it installs another app with unrelated name ? 

why my old gg wasnt like that literally day before, but evertthing changed over night ?

anyway after all this new stuff i open up game search for value moment i touch search button it causes my phone to reboot, and when i open back it says closed unexpectedly and never get it to work 

i need help please everything is same as before but some reason GG doesnt work anymore ?

thank you for your times, 

13 answers to this question

hmm..thats strange.

i been using GG for years too.

EVERYTIME i install GG..it will reinstall itself to a different name.

normally to random set of letters like : Ajdhgrkriv

sometime just 3 random letters..sometime more ..something like that.

Edited by MonkeySAN

12 hours ago, MonkeySAN said:

hmm..thats strange.

i been using GG for years too.

EVERYTIME i install GG..it will reinstall itself to a different name.

normally to random set of letters like : Ajdhgrkriv

sometime just 3 random letters..sometime more ..something like that.

because gameguardian reinstalls with a random name to prevent detection https://gameguardian.net/help/faq.html

Edited by under_score

1 hour ago, under_score said:

because gameguardian reinstalls with a random name to prevent detection https://gameguardian.net/help/faq.html

yeah that i know of very well..

and it had always been as far as i know in my years of using GG.

its just my reaction to this :

17 hours ago, Quayron said:

-in the past i was just installing the app and it was working 

this time when in install up to date version right away, it asked me to  install newer version autamatically and it asked another name different than game guardina , so i dont know if its virus or it suppose to be that way, 

the OP seem kinda surprised.

hence...thats strange.

Edited by MonkeySAN

this time when in install up to date version right away, it asked me to  install newer version autamatically and it asked another name different than game guardina , so i dont know if its virus or it suppose to be that way, 

Hi! It's supposed to be that way, when Updating GG, it will delete previous version and install the latest one with another different name. This hides GG from game that has App Checking (Checking Running App based on PKG Name). Mentioned above commenters.

anyway after all this new stuff i open up game search for value moment i touch search button it causes my phone to reboot, and when i open back it says closed unexpectedly and never get it to work 

It would be helpful if You also provides some Logs.txt to see the reasons (Well, if GG ables to create it just in times before rebooting event). Alternatively, You can just install Older version of Game Guardian if it doesn't fit Your Device. Overall, the Latest Version is working fine on my Devices.

3 hours ago, Alessa- said:

Bug you firmware 

Downupgrade your Rom or upgrade your Rom (12)

Or custom Rom

I have mixed feelings: Using Custom ROMs certainly recommended as it's mostly has wide Community Supports. While this can cause Unnecessary problem such as Bootloop. I think just downgrade GG should enough since the OP says it's working a day earlier before installing New Version:

- I have been using gg app on this exact same setup for months
- In the past i was just installing the app and it was working
- Why my old gg wasnt like that literally day before

8 hours ago, MainC said:

It would be helpful if You also provides some Logs.txt to see the reasons (Well, if GG ables to create it just in times before rebooting event). Alternatively, You can just install Older version of Game Guardian if it doesn't fit Your Device. Overall, the Latest Version is working fine on my Devices.

so do you know how can i reach the logs.txt and in case what if its not creating logs before reboot event than is teher any other solution to see,

also is it even possible to use older version of gg ot pushes you to update it right ? 

4 hours ago, Alessa- said:

Bug you firmware 

Downupgrade your Rom or upgrade your Rom (12)

Or custom Rom

thing with that, i have been suicn sac23custom android11 , for over a yhear and gg was working totally fine on exact same rom so i dont think rom was the problem, it just stated happening after i did fresh install of the same exact rom and reinstall GG again

On 11/21/2022 at 3:51 AM, Rs92ks said:

Switch selinux work mode

how ? what? where any link or more directionns ?

It depends on what Kernel You're using. Some Kernels aren't allow changes to Selinux workload. But You can try it Yourself. Here's the step:

su
setenforce 0

# 0 for Permissive Mode
# 1 for Enforcing Mode

1 hour ago, Quayron said:

Most likely it was meant to configure GG to work with SELinux. Start screen, "Fix it" button, "Switch to work with SeLinux and restart the app" option.

Reference: 

Android 11 My phone is rooted but game gaurdian not work properly I'm downloading latest version it's not fix (#axy2r12m)

okay so far 

i tried to install this apk 

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.mrbimc.selinux/

did not really work, it installed, and when i try to change toggle to be permissive, it freezes and reboots my phone .

same thing GG reacts when i try to use it, 

then read a little more and find this 

https://github.com/evdenis/selinux_permissive

and i flash this trough, my magisk v25 

and reboot, right now phone is bootloop i am trying to get out of boot loop, 

just keeping everybody updated , 

i guess my problem related with my SELinux permission, but i still dont get it i had this exact same kernel and rom before and was everything working, what would really cause to not make things work when i clean isntall everything same, so confused,