Game Guardian Support for Array of Bytes Search

Fire100

Hi, i wanted to ask that if game guardian support AOB Scan. I know that it supports Group scan which is different but i wanted to know if there is AOB scan functionality.

If there is how can it be done can you provide details anything can help. 

If this functionality is not present i would like to ask the developer kindly consider adding this to Game Guardian because it will help us alot. Instead of modding game, signing it and installing it again is a long process, we can simply scan AOB and find the function and mod it directly into the memory and check to see if it works or not.

I will be really really grateful if this is added to the game.

Also if there is possibility and only if developers want. i can provide more ideas that i have and want which will make it really easy for people to do game moddifications with game guardian..

• Administrators

Currently you can search 8 bytes as qword. GG support hex input for numbers and reverse-hex for big-endian.

For example you can search BAADBEEFr as Dword. It is mean search {BA AD BE EF} byte array. It is 4 bytes.

If you choice qword - you can search sequence of 8 bytes.

You can use group search for find up to 8*8 = 64 bytes. Group search do not respect order of numbers, but if do not use common values then give needed results.

You can combine different data type for search need amount of data. For example search 12 bytes can be done with qword + dword in group search.

i can provide more ideas that i have and want which will make it really easy for people to do game moddifications with game guardian..

You can try describe its here.

11 hours ago, Enyby said:

Currently you can search 8 bytes as qword. GG support hex input for numbers and reverse-hex for big-endian.

For example you can search BAADBEEFr as Dword. It is mean search {BA AD BE EF} byte array. It is 4 bytes.

If you choice qword - you can search sequence of 8 bytes.

You can use group search for find up to 8*8 = 64 bytes. Group search do not respect order of numbers, but if do not use common values then give needed results.

You can combine different data type for search need amount of data. For example search 12 bytes can be done with qword + dword in group search.

You can try describe its here.

Yes the problem remains, the precision of grouped search. Even if its a qword + dword search its displays any number of bytes those are somewhere near each other. So we can't get what we want.

So its my humble request to developers that please consider adding AOB search.

Thanks

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Fire100 said:

Even if its a qword + dword search its displays any number of bytes those are somewhere near each other. So we can't get what we want.

Can not be. Give me concrete examples. What you search, and what you get. And what you expected.

You know signature scan right? they can be achieved by AOB function which include unknown bytes e.g: "ac 8b ?? EF EF. so it can make the signature unique so if by any chance the game gets updated the same SIG can be found regardless the update.

• Administrators

I do not see any concrete example from you. You say:

6 hours ago, Fire100 said:

Yes the problem remains, the precision of grouped search. Even if its a qword + dword search its displays any number of bytes those are somewhere near each other. So we can't get what we want.

Approve this by

2 hours ago, Enyby said:

Give me concrete examples. What you search, and what you get. And what you expected.

they can be achieved by AOB function which include unknown bytes e.g: "ac 8b ?? EF EF.

Search

ac 8b r; EF EF r: 4

With type word.

21 hours ago, Enyby said:

I do not see any concrete example from you. You say:

Approve this by

Search

ac 8b r; EF EF r: 4

With type word.

Ok here i provide you a good example. BTW it is game code in memory.

Screenshot_20161111-144010.png

I search for BD8131EBr and it gave me this result.

Screenshot_20161111-144026.png

you can see it is a single result.

But when i did the group search for the same offset with memory address next to it.

Screenshot_20161111-144216.png

it gave me this. Which i already mention, the precision is not there. 9 addresses. 

Screenshot_20161111-144248.png

Now the thing is AOB scan is different. With unique data it provides the unique accurate result. But Group search is not working good here. Tough the search does include the memory address but it is providing extra results which makes it not feasible for modding game code fast. 

I hope this makes it clear.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Fire100 said:

it gave me this. Which i already mention, the precision is not there. 9 addresses.

You didnot specify range for group search. It auto assumed in 512 bytes. It is too big for this target. Because of that you find trash.

39 minutes ago, Fire100 said:

With unique data it provides the unique accurate result. But Group search is not working good here.

You wrong use group search and it produce bad results. Of course.

39 minutes ago, Fire100 said:

I hope this makes it clear.

No. Specify size in 9 and you get one result.

53 minutes ago, Enyby said:

You didnot specify range for group search. It auto assumed in 512 bytes. It is too big for this target. Because of that you find trash.

You wrong use group search and it produce bad results. Of course.

No. Specify size in 9 and you get one result.

Can you clarify a bit more about region stuff, I didn't  use it before so i don't know much about it.