Sign in to follow this  
RogerAngell2018

Offset record scipt

Great job with your new feature `record script` devs. It would be awesome if you guys make it to recognize offset. It is great feature to auto because sometimes the value we need to chage is not a constant but nearby values is. @Enyby@d2dyno

Edited by RogerAngell2018

Better would be the support of add search results to save list.  Change address location. And recall the save results back into the search. Maybe implement the record feature to work with this?

A script entry can not record all of your actions in a portable form. Everything that can not be written in a general form is not recorded.
You can not record the offset, because it should be written in a general form, and so you can not do it.
You can not say - apply an offset to the 3 result of the search, because tomorrow it will not be the third search result. Even on your device or on another device.
If you save the memory address in the script, the script will become useless even after the game is restarted.

In general, writing a script is not intended to make a ready script, it is impossible by definition, but to provide some workpiece, for later manual editing.

Well, or for writing VERY simple scripts. Something like found a group search and replaced / frozen everything.
Not more difficult than this.

And what you are talking about (shifting) requires a fine and precise work. Cycles, a clear understanding of what is happening, and why.

58 minutes ago, Enyby said:

A script entry can not record all of your actions in a portable form. Everything that can not be written in a general form is not recorded.
You can not record the offset, because it should be written in a general form, and so you can not do it.
You can not say - apply an offset to the 3 result of the search, because tomorrow it will not be the third search result. Even on your device or on another device.
If you save the memory address in the script, the script will become useless even after the game is restarted.

In general, writing a script is not intended to make a ready script, it is impossible by definition, but to provide some workpiece, for later manual editing.

Well, or for writing VERY simple scripts. Something like found a group search and replaced / frozen everything.

And what you are talking about (shifting) requires a fine and precise work. Cycles, a clear understanding of what is happening, and why.

I know, but im talking of a really nearby address, so the offset is always same.. For exemple, search `x` value and the value that I need to edit is always in [Address(x) -5C]. Even if I restart my game, phone, etc.

Edited by RogerAngell2018

This can not be formalized.
The application can not read minds.
Therefore, you can not do this automatically. Learn programming, API and write manually. All good things are always done by hand.

3 hours ago, Enyby said:

I'm not referring to value x out of a series of results, I'm talking all results, shift y distance. Now use these new location as the values you search and edit.

Get results into table. loop over table with change address and value. Set values from this table.

In any case all possibility ca not be handled via record. If you need complicated actions you need write script manually.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:19 AM, Enyby said:

This can not be formalized.
The application can not read minds.
Therefore, you can not do this automatically. Learn programming, API and write manually. All good things are always done by hand.

I didn't find the offset in the API

Try using a brain. Offset is the difference between addresses.

11 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Try using a brain. Offset is the difference between addresses.

I know this, I want to know if I can provide a calculation method, or do I have to look for it in lua?

Subtracting (or adding) two numbers, what could be easier? But you can search for detailed manuals on how to add two numbers in Lua.