offset help!!

qizhizhu

Question

First, I need to clarify that my English is not very good, so the following content may appear like machine translation, and I ask for your understanding. Here's the issue I've encountered:

I successfully dumped and obtained dump.cs. At the same time, I also found the method I wanted to modify the health points (HP). However, after making changes through offsets, both my character's HP and the monster's HP were set to zero. What I aim to achieve is to set the monster's HP to zero while keeping my character's HP unchanged. Can you please explain why this is happening? Below is the code I used for the modification:
MOV X0, XZR

RET

微信截图_20230905175834.png

6 answers to this question

[ @qizhizhu ]
---

Can you please explain why this is happening?

It is because of the methods you mentioned here is used for all entities. Here's what you can do:

• 1) Find a specific HP methods that relates to player, you can tell by ClassName or NameSpace it inherits to.
  • 2) Since it affects all entity, you might want to find specific health for your Player by using  ID's. Each entity should've it's own ID.
  • 3) You can find pointers that uses the Methods / Fields. I suggest to find the Fields HP and not Methods, then, you can try one by one which pointer is the correct one that changes your HP and not the monsters.

---

Below is the code I used for the modification

"long" here means it is Integer / DWORD, so your codes is correct. What I don't understand is, HP is usually stored as Float which perhaps your offset is not the correct one? I can't really sure. Please mention your games name so others can help you tests with different Offsets.
---

3小时前,Kiynox说道:

[@qizhizhu ]
---

这是因为您在这里提到的方法适用于所有实体。您可以执行以下操作:

• 1)找到与玩家相关的具体HP方法,可以通过它继承的ClassName或NameSpace来判断。
  • 2) 由于它影响所有实体,您可能希望通过使用 ID 查找玩家的特定生命值。每个实体都应该有自己的 ID。
  • 3) 您可以找到使用方法/字段的指针。我建议找到Fields HP而不是Methods,然后你可以一一尝试哪个指针是正确的,改变你的HP而不是怪物。

---

这里的“long”意味着它是Integer / DWORD,所以你的代码是正确的。我不明白的是,HP 通常存储为浮点型,也许您的偏移量不正确?我不太确定。请提及您的游戏名称,以便其他人可以帮助您使用不同的偏移量进行测试。
---

Thank you very much for your response. I think I understand what you're saying. I've attempted these "fields" modifications, but it seems to only take effect in specific scenarios. How can I ensure that it remains effective consistently?

[ @qizhizhu ]
---
Yes, there's caveat about this:

• - The game must need to call that "Fields" or "Methods" beforce changes can be applied.
  • - "Fields" value sometimes revert to original values and often only works one time. To fix this is to patch the "Methods" rather than the "Fields"

There's nothing you can do about it unless using a Mod Menu.
---
Some idea is to make the changes to "Fields" or "Methods", then get some damage to your player (this will cause HP value to be updated), after your player HP is modified, you can revert the changes to "Fields" or "Methods" to it's original state.
---

On 9/9/2023 at 2:06 PM, qizhizhu said:

First, I need to clarify that my English is not very good, so the following content may appear like machine translation, and I ask for your understanding. Here's the issue I've encountered:

I successfully dumped and obtained dump.cs. At the same time, I also found the method I wanted to modify the health points (HP). However, after making changes through offsets, both my character's HP and the monster's HP were set to zero. What I aim to achieve is to set the monster's HP to zero while keeping my character's HP unchanged. Can you please explain why this is happening? Below is the code I used for the modification:
MOV X0, XZR

RET

微信截图_20230905175834.png

modif get m_hp /m_hpmax