pointer problem

ghidraTR

Question

I'm having a problem with GameGuardian values. I can search for and find the correct value, such as 0.1 or 1.0, but when I try to dump it to Lua, I get over 1000 results.

function slot1()
gg.setRanges(gg.REGION_ANONYMOUS)
  gg.searchNumber("1.44999992847F;0.1E", gg.TYPE_FLOAT)
  gg.getResults(598) 
  gg.refineNumber("0.1")
    gg.getResults(50)
  gg.editAll("9999", gg.TYPE_DOUBLE)
  gg.alert("Missile Succeded")
end

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

1 answer to this question

On 1/26/2024 at 6:53 AM, ghidraTR said:

I'm having a problem with GameGuardian values. I can search for and find the correct value, such as 0.1 or 1.0, but when I try to dump it to Lua, I get over 1000 results.

function slot1()
gg.setRanges(gg.REGION_ANONYMOUS)
  gg.searchNumber("1.44999992847F;0.1E", gg.TYPE_FLOAT)
  gg.getResults(598) 
  gg.refineNumber("0.1")
    gg.getResults(50)
  gg.editAll("9999", gg.TYPE_DOUBLE)
  gg.alert("Missile Succeded")
end

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Why are you searching in float and editing in double? Although you gave the data type of each value. It's makes more sense i think to put the flags of search and edit on type double. I also wonder why you first have 598 results and then 50 results, this is related with you not using a ordered group search with a given distance. Your not doing a ordered search. Use "::" for ordered search. And define the range of the ordered search by giving the max range value in which the values can be distanced from each other. Like that you already narrow the amount results you will have. Not sure if coincidental or not but is the search not the other way around: 0.1E;1.44999992847F ?