Finding Class Pointer

SilentTod

Question

Hi

Game is 32bit version

I found class name in Region Others by searching string id "seekOrgin" then i copied the address and changed Region to Annonymious and searched it like this "BDE145F0h" Type_DWORD but nothing found after that i go back to Region Others, go to address and copied nearby addresses like "BDE120F0" to "BDE161F0" then go back to Region Annonymious and searched "BDE120F0h~BDE161F0" data type D_WORD but nothing found, i changed the Region to Ca, Xa and all other Regions but nothing found.

Now

My question is that how can i find "SeekOrgin" class value (Pointer) and if somehow i find it then how can i manupilate its fields values?

Sorry for my bad english

Any kind of help will be highely appriciated, 

Thanks.

iMarkup_20230623_083736.jpg

Edited by SilentTod
something was missing

6 answers to this question

this type of enum act like a value type ( like int , float etc .. ) search in the dump what methods / fields use this type 
example : public SeekOrigin get_origin(){} 
you arm patch the example method get_origin with the values in the enum , ( MOV R0, #0 or #1 or #2 ) depending on what you want 

Capture.thumb.PNG.e4ec17bcde47e28d48bdbc228ba84f84.PNG 

this enum act like a new type , OK value = 0 

Capture1.thumb.PNG.f9331e9f849a06761885f521029e7ac3.PNG 

edit the 3 method highlighted in green with MOV R0, #0 will give it OK messeage , From there I can build Upon any thing

Edited by XEKEX

On 6/24/2023 at 12:39 PM, XEKEX said:

this type of enum act like a value type ( like int , float etc .. ) search in the dump what methods / fields use this type 
example : public SeekOrigin get_origin(){} 
you arm patch the example method get_origin with the values in the enum , ( MOV R0, #0 or #1 or #2 ) depending on what you want 

Capture.thumb.PNG.e4ec17bcde47e28d48bdbc228ba84f84.PNG 

this enum act like a new type , OK value = 0 

Capture1.thumb.PNG.f9331e9f849a06761885f521029e7ac3.PNG 

edit the 3 method highlighted in green with MOV R0, #0 will give it OK messeage , From there I can build Upon any thing

Thanks for reply bro

As you can see in the ss there are no methods written under these fields, as these fields ends another class starts.

On 6/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, XEKEX said:

Hi XEKEX , i have some trouble with enum , you see , this enum it does not set conditions but rather contains information , but it look like that enum contains all the character's stat information  , anyway that i can do to find address of these stat and edit it , waiting for  your response , thanks

image.thumb.png.a285c09836177c3f438ea28c59b9c3b1.png

2 hours ago, Thoheobaby said:

Hi XEKEX , i have some trouble with enum , you see , this enum it does not set conditions but rather contains information , but it look like that enum contains all the character's stat information  , anyway that i can do to find address of these stat and edit it , waiting for  your response , thanks

image.thumb.png.a285c09836177c3f438ea28c59b9c3b1.png

You enum int32 value = int

Public eMequipType effectType; 

Search field / hook field 0x11c type int

And see enum

armor = 0 

Defence = 1 

Atkspeed = 2 

Etc

18 hours ago, SYLVIA said:

You enum int32 value = int

Public eMequipType effectType; 

Search field / hook field 0x11c type int

And see enum

armor = 0 

Defence = 1 

Atkspeed = 2 

Etc

Thanks for response , When search field eMequipType effectType, It didn't work , but when i search with class TroopDrink with offset 0x11c , It worked , in the result , i see value 0 (Type Armor ) , is it a pointer ? , and can i find the real armor adress from this ? Am newbie , Can you explain so I understand?

Thank you again 

image.png

Hi @Thoheobaby, yes it is a pointer. To be precise, fields can have multiple location mapped out on memory if it's been reloaded multiple times by the game and/or there's the same fields exist on memory. To find the real one, just simply test each one of them.

When search field eMequipType effectType, It didn't work , but when i search with class TroopDrink with offset 0x11c , It worked

Just search "effectType". The "eMequipType" is a reference, where "effectType" value will be taken from "eMequipType" enum.

can i find the real armor adress from this ?

As I said above, test each of them. If you mean it as to find "armor" properties, then you should find it again on dump.cs.