Dump.cs how would one access the Fields?

ggxAthene

Question

public class ItemGeneratorBoss : RGCharacterComponent
{
    // Fields
    public Int32 drop_rate; // 0x28
    public Boolean disable_drop; // 0x2c
    public Boolean drop_protected; // 0x2d

// Properties

// Methods
    // RVA: 0xd29e88 VA: 0x7fff3cb29e88
    public override Void InitComponent() { }
    private Void OpenChest() { }
    public Void .ctor() { }

I have a dump.cs, I've tried getting the ItemGeneratorBoss searched up and finding the pointer and using 0x28 which is the drop rate to find the value.
However, I get a largely blown out number that I'm 100% sure isnt the drop_rate.

I've tried using similar methods to find the current player health value as well, but it isnt working out well. I get a completely different number.

How do I access the drop_rate's actual value with GameGuardian?
As as you noticed in the method, the offsets are same for all of em...which is quite confusing. And I can't properly pin point the proper thing.

Help would be much appreciated.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ggxAthene said:

I have a dump.cs, I've tried getting the ItemGeneratorBoss searched up and finding the pointer and using 0x28 which is the drop rate to find the value.
However, I get a largely blown out number that I'm 100% sure isnt the drop_rate.

I've tried using similar methods to find the current player health value as well, but it isnt working out well. I get a completely different number.

As as you noticed in the method, the offsets are same for all of em...which is quite confusing. And I can't properly pin point the proper thing.

Use script offset field searcher

[ @ggxAthene ]
---

be the real value in the field or the field name/attributes etc?

Yes. Field offset can points into multiple address/object, as previously used address isn't flushed yet from memory, leaving fake field addresses. Field searcher tool will put your value into those address, even the fake one, so it should also applied into the correct address. If you want to know more in depth, you can see it manually using: regview with the following tutorial on how to use it: hooking register (credit to @Lover1500)
---

8 hours ago, kiynox said:

[ @ggxAthene ]
---

Yes. Field offset can points into multiple address/object, as previously used address isn't flushed yet from memory, leaving fake field addresses. Field searcher tool will put your value into those address, even the fake one, so it should also applied into the correct address. If you want to know more in depth, you can see it manually using: regview with the following tutorial on how to use it: hooking register (credit to @Lover1500)
---

Unfortunately regview is available only for 32 bit 😞 
But you're 100% on target, on what I'm trying to achieve with GameGuardian.
And that's to hook onto a function, and see/intercept the parameters.

Still not sure how to do that perfectly without the use of scripts yet, because most of em arent updated to 64bits.

Any ideas what kind dump I have? Especially looking at the Methods, they have the same offsets. How would one even call them when its pointed to the same offsets? I rarely see dumps like this.
Dumped with Zygisk-Il2CppDumper.

On 12/20/2023 at 4:18 PM, ggxAthene said:

What's the name of the game? I dunno about the methods having same offsets but could have a look at the fields.

[ @ggxAthene ]
---

You can put the library inside a dissasembler like: IDA Pro or Ghidra -> find your method/function in there -> and generate pseudo-code (F5) and you can see what register that holds our parameter.
---

How would one even call them when its pointed to the same offsets? I rarely see dumps like this.

Zygisk dumper is extracting purely from memory, it can be incomplete/hit and miss but it is working for most of the time. You should do another dumping
---

It is int32, I'm pretty sure it is not what you're looking for:

• - You can find all the fields related to "drop_rate" and test it one by one
  • - You can change the parameter of some method/function instead of doing-it from fields.

---

On 12/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, ggxAthene said:

Unfortunately regview is available only for 32 bit 😞 
But you're 100% on target, on what I'm trying to achieve with GameGuardian.

Still not sure how to do that perfectly without the use of scripts yet, because most of em arent updated to 64bits.

Any ideas what kind dump I have? Especially looking at the Methods, they have the same offsets. How would one even call them when its pointed to the same offsets? I rarely see dumps like this.
Dumped with Zygisk-Il2CppDumper.

Use script from ltc