Nearby Search

HorridModz

Question

My goal in a script is to find a value, then edit an address 2 values below the address of the value I found. In the script, I find the value. But I don't know how to edit the one 2 below it.

Normally, there are 3 ways: To click the address and select "goto", then scroll 2 down, to hold down on the address and select search nearby, then search nearby with only the after box checked and a distance of 8 (I don't know why it is 8 and not 2, but ignore that) or to copy the address and to manually search nearby with the address you copied.

All of these fail in scripts: You cannot goto an address in a script, you cannot hold down and click an option on an address, and you cannot copy and paste.

So, is there any way to do this? Or am I screwed?

11 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, HorridModz said:

My goal in a script is to find a value, then edit an address 2 values below the address of the value I found. In the script, I find the value. But I don't know how to edit the one 2 below it.

Normally, there are 3 ways: To click the address and select "goto", then scroll 2 down, to hold down on the address and select search nearby, then search nearby with only the after box checked and a distance of 8 (I don't know why it is 8 and not 2, but ignore that) or to copy the address and to manually search nearby with the address you copied.

All of these fail in scripts: You cannot goto an address in a script, you cannot hold down and click an option on an address, and you cannot copy and paste.

So, is there any way to do this? Or am I screwed?

Do your search to get the nearby value, lets say it gives one result 8 bytes above the target

local results = gg.getResults(1)
results[1].address = results[1].address + 8 --Add the distance to your desired address
results[1].flags = gg.TYPE_DWORD --Set the flag for the value you will be editing
results = gg.getValues(results)

27 minutes ago, BadCase said:

Do your search to get the nearby value, lets say it gives one result 8 bytes above the target

results[1].address = results[1].address + 8 --Add the distance to your desired address
results[1].flags = gg.TYPE_DWORD --Set the flag for the value you will be editing
results = gg.getValues(results)

Now, where does the value go? @BadCaseWhen I run this script, nothing happens. I am guessing that the value is stored in the results list, and I have to somehow add this to saved values?

results[1].address = results[1].address + 8 --Add the distance to your desired address
results[1].flags = gg.TYPE_DWORD --Set the flag for the value you will beresults
results[1].value = desiredValueHere
gg.setValues(results)

11 minutes ago, HorridModz said:

Now, where does the value go? @BadCaseWhen I run this script, nothing happens. I am guessing that the value is stored in the results list, and I have to somehow add this to saved values?

1 hour ago, HorridModz said:

@BadCaseMy script is finally done! The only thing I need is to freeze these values somehow.

do 

results[1].freeze = true

when setting the values and

gg.addListItems(results) 

to set the values instead of

gg.setValues(results)