How to deal with .bin file.

ninjavour

Question

how to decrypt .bin file using game gurdian ?

we have a console game(sega saturn) for example Last Bronx and we want to modify players and background and even weapons , so how to deal with the game using gameguardian.

this is a short video for it:-

i know we can use hex editor or bin walk

but it is very complicated using them

i hope we can use gameguardian to edit them.

Edited by ninjavour
add texts

2 answers to this question

[ @ninjavour ]
---

we want to modify players and background and even weapons

You need to understand that doing this requires physical in-game file (you can get it through dumping) -> decrypt/extract the file -> edit the file -> encrypt/format them again somehow -> and put it inside the game somehow. This is hard, especially we're dealing with console games and old. And no, Game Guardian cannot replace any existing texture with another texture only from memory. To some extent, Game Guardian can only do basic shader changes (like colors, etc) because it exist on memory (only works with current rendered in-game object).
---

for example Last Bronx

I suggest you to use QuickBMS tool that allow to read these kind of files. Of course, you need to know the game formats, it's encryption, etc; to create your own QuickBMS script. Or, you can see if other people have done this in the past, it seems that no-one already done this:

---

we have a console game(sega saturn)

If you want to edit these kind of files, I think you should ask it on this forum: XentaxZenhax. As for now, the forum is dead. You can visit Xentax before the forum shutting-down at the end of 2023. So far, I don't know the alternative to this OG forum.
---

how to decrypt .bin file using game gurdian

(.bin) extension usually just pure - raw binary format, it could be anything to images, movies, etc. So there's no "Universal .bin extractor/reader" since it's depends on Games/that (.bin) file comes from. And yes, even Game Guardian can't help you with this.
---

we want to GET players and background and even weapons

Instead of *Modify*, you can instead *Get* in-game assets. Yes, this is possible. All in-game object is rendered using some kind of Graphics pipeline (Vulkan, OpenGL, DirectX). There's a lot of tool that allows you to GET in-game Textures/Models only from renderer. I suggest you to emulate your game using some kind of Sega Console Emulator: Sega Model 2 Emulator and then use: NinjaRipper3D Ripper DX. Note that: you can only obtain in-game assets, you can't change/replace them.
---
In theory, since you can get in-game assets from renderer (Vulkan, OpenGL, DirectX), you can also change the assets directly on the renderer itself. There's a tool that allow this: SpecialK, might as well try it with Sega Emulator: SpecialK Demo. Otherwise, you need to do it manually by recomposite edited assets into renderer formats (hard).
---