XOR Key for high numbers (qword)

OnkelM

How to use a higher number than dword as a xor key? GG expects a value from -2147483648 to 2147483647 (int). So when a Game uses a xor key that is out of range it cannot bei used in GG to auto-calculate the result.

Is this possible to add as feature or how to do this with the current version?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk

• Administrators

Are you sure that you just need qword as a xor key? I strongly doubt this. Give specific examples with screenshots, where you need it and for what. Most likely you are doing something wrong or you do not understand something.

Are you sure that you just need qword as a xor key? I strongly doubt this. Give specific examples with screenshots, where you need it and for what. Most likely you are doing something wrong or you do not understand something.
That's my assumption.
Here two screens,
The first value is the key
the second is the xor-encrypted value with the key above
and screen two shows the obvious error
(The real value decrypted is 90)

I also tried to copy the hex value from the key and insert it to xor with 'h' appended but obviously this fails toofeb9a8b744368296c896ab3ae23367fd.jpg21cfebb1215f2dfb0854f9015863a173.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, OnkelM said:

That's my assumption.
Here two screens,
The first value is the key
the second is the xor-encrypted value with the key above
and screen two shows the obvious error
(The real value decrypted is 90)

I also tried to copy the hex value from the key and insert it to xor with 'h' appended but obviously this fails toofeb9a8b744368296c896ab3ae23367fd.jpg21cfebb1215f2dfb0854f9015863a173.jpg

You can treat that as dword.

Dword xor

Search 9000X8 will find those.

Edit: fixed the offset

Edit 2: if the real value is 90, developer did a x100 to the value.

You can treat that as dword.
Dword xor
Search 9000X8 will find those.

Edit: fixed the offset

Edit 2: if the real value is 90, developer did a x100 to the value.
Thanks that did the trick.

Before, i saved the key to use to xor the second value. That did not work if the key value was too high.

No i can just enter the value as you mentioned and GG does the work.

It also works in both ways searching and editing.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, OnkelM said:

Thanks that did the trick.

Before, i saved the key to use to xor the second value. That did not work if the key value was too high.

No i can just enter the value as you mentioned and GG does the work.

It also works in both ways searching and editing.

Yes, it was intended to work as a search and edit for Dword XOR. Knowing it's Dword and developer did a x100 should make finding values much easier.

You're welcome ?

• Administrators

It is not qword. It is dword. If first 8 hex digit of qword is zero then it is dword. You need enable show dword. After that you see negative number as dword and can use it as xor key.

It is -1874716557 and -1874707621 for your example.

It is not qword. It is dword. If first 8 hex digit of qword is zero then it is dword. You need enable show dword. After that you see negative number as dword and can use it as xor key.
It is -1874716557 and -1874707621 for your example.
Thank you too, now i see my mistake.
I had previously enabled dword and qword to see big numbers. And sometimes there was no negative number or i copied the wrong one from the context menu. That did sometimes not work and i thought it is GG because in the xor menu the range was lower...

Archived