Can a group search be done for encrypted value or any other way to speed up the process?

Sami1982

Question

Hello,

The value I need is encrypted.  So I perform a search on the exact value and I check the "value is encrypted" option. Then I do the usual decrease, refine....etc until I find the correct value. I know it's encrypted because if I don't use the "value is encrypted" option I can't find it.  My question is, how can I speed up or automate the process? Normally for a non-encrypted value I would perform a group search and then create a script and done. But unfortunately in this case the value is encrypted and once I type in my group search the "value is encrypted option" disappears. And no matter what I use for a group search does not find the value. So when I close and reopen the game I am forced to repeat the whole search then decrease then refine process every time which is time consuming. Any trick to speed up or automate this situation?  Thank you very much

Edited by Sami1982

26 minutes ago, Sami1982 said:

Okay even with my latest script (which is only using the Anonymous region) it still fails randomly and I think I know why.  Despite having the same values (static ones)  at the same distance on both devices, they sometimes randomly change. So I guess having them on 2 devices isn't a hard and fast rule that they are static, unless it's just the case with this game 🙃

It's not a 100% rule. I only said that using two devices can confirm the possibility that the group search is static. But im not sure if they really randomly change. That's a huge assumption. You could only be sure after first checking how the scripts behave and which addresses it gives you and performs actions on using the print() function before claiming the values change.

Edited by nok1a

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, nok1a said:

It's not a 100% rule. I only said that using two devices can confirm the possibility that the group search is static. But im not sure if they really randomly change. That's a huge assumption. You could only be sure after first checking how the scripts behave and which addresses it gives you and performs actions on using the print() function before claiming the values change.

Well I'm not even executing the script at this point. All I am doing is manually finding the health value again, and repeating my steps to arrive at the block of numbers that I saw how a moment ago they were identical with the same distance on both devices, but now they aren't identical anymore.  What is that called other than "randomly changing"? 

Edited by Sami1982

16 minutes ago, Sami1982 said:

Well I'm not even executing the script at this point. All I am doing is manually finding the health value again, and repeating my steps to arrive at the block of numbers that I saw how a moment ago they were identical with the same distance on both devices, but now they aren't identical anymore.  What is that called other than "randomly changing"? 

You will always do that if you not try to use the print() function to resolve the possible issue. Which is really not much of work since you already now how to find the value and how the script is made.

Just now, nok1a said:

You will always do that if you not try to use the print() function to resolve the possible issue. Which is really not much of work since you already now how to find the value and how the script is made.

I already know what the issue is. The block I am using for the group search is randomly changing. I just told you that. 

1 minute ago, Sami1982 said:

I already know what the issue is. The block I am using for the group search is randomly changing. I just told you that. 

The group search -1,049,624,576A;1,092,616,192A;1,082,130,432A;1,056,964,608A;1,062,333,317A::73 ?

2 minutes ago, nok1a said:

Let's forget about the script and exclude it. So no need for the print() function.  Let's say I want to manually run a group search without a script every time I restart the game. The group search is not static. What good will the print() function do now?

Just now, Sami1982 said:

Let's forget about the script and exclude it. So no need for the print() function.  Let's say I want to manually run a group search without a script every time I restart the game. The group search is not static. What good will the print() function do now?

Oke so you tried to do the group search manually and after restarting of the game that group search done manually doesn't work.

It's fine, i won't try to convince you in anything.
Well regardless in any script you make use the print() function to see what your script is doing and if it's really doing same thing as what you did manually.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, nok1a said:

Oke so you tried to do the group search manually and after restarting of the game that group search done manually doesn't work.

Okay wait I think I figured out the problem.....

23 minutes ago, nok1a said:

The group search -1,049,624,576A;1,092,616,192A;1,082,130,432A;1,056,964,608A;1,062,333,317A::73 ?

No, not this group search.  I had found another one using Anonymous only and I found the pointers and wrote the script and everything and that one was randomly changing.  But going back to the above group search, this one seems truly static but the very last step of the script, when the health value is one more pointer search away and we can just add the 4 bytes and done, it normally gives only 1 result for that last pointer search, but every now and then (totally random, it could be after 2 restarts or after 5) it throws 2 results instead of 1 for that last pointer search

Edited by Sami1982

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Sami1982 said:

Okay wait I think I figured out the problem.....

No, not this group search.  I had found another one using Anonymous only and I found the pointers and wrote the script and everything and that one was randomly changing.  But going back to the above group search, this one seems truly static but the very last step of the script, when the health value is one more pointer search away and we can just add the 4 bytes and done, it normally gives only 1 result for that last pointer search, but every now and then (totally random, it could be after 2 restarts or after 5) it throws 2 results instead of 1 for that last pointer search

I think I can live with the following workaround:  I edited the script to stop right where it gives the final pointer results and I can just easily edit the value i need myself and whichever one fails, I'll simply know it's the other one that works. Not too s3xy but it'll do for my abilities lol

EDIT: FYI sometimes it even gives 4 results

Edited by Sami1982

32 minutes ago, Sami1982 said:

I think I can live with the following workaround:  I edited the script to stop right where it gives the final pointer results and I can just easily edit the value i need myself and whichever one fails, I'll simply know it's the other one that works. Not too s3xy but it'll do for my abilities lol

EDIT: FYI sometimes it even gives 4 results

Ok never mind. Even this workaround doesn't work. I think I've reached the limits of how far I'm willing to go on this. Turns out it's not nearly as half as simple as I assumed it might be. Thanks anyway for all your help.

6 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

Ok never mind. Even this workaround doesn't work. I think I've reached the limits of how far I'm willing to go on this. Turns out it's not nearly as half as simple as I assumed it might be. Thanks anyway for all your help.

Choice totally up to you 👍

On 1/4/2024 at 4:16 AM, nok1a said:

If works test out the script:

gg.setRanges(gg.REGION_ANONYMOUS | gg.REGION_C_BSS | gg.REGION_C_ALLOC)
gg.searchNumber("327,684D;22D;28D;0D;33,554,931D::65", gg.TYPE_DWORD)
gg.refineNumber("0", gg.TYPE_DWORD)
print("Group search: ", gg.getResultsCount())
local grp = gg.getResults(1)
gg.loadResults({{address = grp[1].address + 0x4, flags = gg.TYPE_DWORD}})
gg.searchPointer(0)
print("First Pointer search: ", gg.getResultsCount())
gg.searchPointer(0)
print("Second Pointer search: ", gg.getResultsCount())
local t = gg.getResults(gg.getResultsCount())
local sensitivity = {}
for i, v in ipairs(t) do
  sensitivity[i] = {address = v.address - 0x4, flags = gg.TYPE_FLOAT}
end
sensitivity = gg.getValues(sensitivity)
local healthPointer = {}
for i = 1, #sensitivity do
  if sensitivity[i].value == 1.0 then
    healthPointer[i] = {address = t[i].address, flags = gg.TYPE_DWORD}
  end
end
gg.loadResults(healthPointer)
print("Results healthPointer: ", gg.getResultsCount())
gg.searchPointer(0)
print("Third Pointer search: ", gg.getResultsCount())
local res = gg.getResults(1)
local health = {[1] = {address = res[1].address + 0x4, flags = gg.TYPE_FLOAT, name = "Health"}}
gg.addListItems(health)
gg.loadResults(health)

Well if we could resume from this point I would like a script that works reliably. This script you provided me does not work reliably. So I am afraid my question/issue has not yet been solved. If you'd like to continue helping I would love that. If not, then no worries I understand.

5 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

Well if we could resume from this point I would like a script that works reliably. This script you provided me does not work reliably. So I am afraid my question/issue has not yet been solved. If you'd like to continue helping I would love that. If not, then no worries I understand.

We can proceed for sure. PM totally fine.