Can a group search be done for encrypted value or any other way to speed up the process?

Sami1982

Question

Hello,

The value I need is encrypted.  So I perform a search on the exact value and I check the "value is encrypted" option. Then I do the usual decrease, refine....etc until I find the correct value. I know it's encrypted because if I don't use the "value is encrypted" option I can't find it.  My question is, how can I speed up or automate the process? Normally for a non-encrypted value I would perform a group search and then create a script and done. But unfortunately in this case the value is encrypted and once I type in my group search the "value is encrypted option" disappears. And no matter what I use for a group search does not find the value. So when I close and reopen the game I am forced to repeat the whole search then decrease then refine process every time which is time consuming. Any trick to speed up or automate this situation?  Thank you very much

Edited by Sami1982

10 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

1) Even your script randomly fails sometimes (i.e. it doesn't give the correct address). Why? Is it normal to happen once in a while?

Probably because there was more then 1 result with a matching 1.0 float value to filter on. And that probably happened because of having no accurate memory ranges. I can't be 100% sure because i haven't encountered the issue yet.

10 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

2) When you said "That's why specify the regions as accurate as possible in which you want find the pointers in in or it will already bring issues"

Yes, your pointer was in region anonymous. So if you know that only specify the pointer search to be in region anonymous. Do that before the results are loaded in the result list.

1 hour ago, nok1a said:

Probably because there was more then 1 result with a matching 1.0 float value to filter on. And that probably happened because of having no accurate memory ranges. I can't be 100% sure because i haven't encountered the issue yet.

Yes, your pointer was in region anonymous. So if you know that only specify the pointer search to be in region anonymous. Do that before the results are loaded in the result list.

Okay, got it. Thanks again for all your help.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nok1a said:

Okay but just to clarify...I want to make sure I understand something....why did you specify 3 regions in your script?  Isn't it okay if the pointer is in any of those 3 regions?

Edited by Sami1982

1 hour ago, Sami1982 said:

Okay but just to clarify...I want to make sure I understand something....why did you specify 3 regions in your script?  Isn't it okay if the pointer is in any of those 3 regions?

Because i was not sure in which regions your values would be. I knew mine. Perhaps for you could be different. So i specified all possible regions.

8 minutes ago, nok1a said:

Because i was not sure in which regions your values would be. I knew mine. Perhaps for you could be different. So i specified all possible regions.

Okaaay now I understand. ✌️😁👍

Also like it's not ok if your doing pointer search in 3 regions. The pointer you need should only exist in one region. To be fair for what i understand accuracy is important. And putting multiple regions is just being lazy. Even using gg.searchPointer(0) is lazy i find. You don't want to deal with all the results you had so you use gg.searchPointer(0). But of course there are cases in which you have no other choice.

Edited by nok1a
corrected function

Well, gg.searchPointer(0) is not that lazy. But gg.searchPointer(500) with ridiculous big offsets is for sure lazy.

Edited by nok1a
corrected the function

5 minutes ago, nok1a said:

Well, pointerSearch(0) is not that lazy. But pointerSearch(500) with ridiculous big offsets is for sure lazy.

Okay but I have done some extensive testing and even when I specify only 1 region the script randomly fails to provide the correct health address.  If I close and re-open the game let's say 5 times in a row for example, one of those times will fail.  This kills all the fun if every time  I open the game I have to cross my fingers and pray and hope that it works LOL.  

57 minutes ago, Sami1982 said:

Okay but I have done some extensive testing and even when I specify only 1 region the script randomly fails to provide the correct health address.  If I close and re-open the game let's say 5 times in a row for example, one of those times will fail.  This kills all the fun if every time  I open the game I have to cross my fingers and pray and hope that it works LOL.  

Actually sorry let me rephrase that. I am not able to find a working group search if I specify only 1 region. So I guess I am out of luck then. Oh well it's better than nothing. 😛

5 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

Actually sorry let me rephrase that. I am not able to find a working group search if I specify only 1 region. So I guess I am out of luck then. Oh well it's better than nothing. 😛

If your not finding the group search it means your using the wrong range to search in.

Well, when the script doesn't work have you tried testing at which part it stopped working?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nok1a said:

If your not finding the group search it means your using the wrong range to search in.

Well, when the script doesn't work have you tried testing at which part it stopped working?

I just managed to find a working group search in Anonymous only region. Went blind and spent hours to find it....and some more blindness and some more hours to figure out how to script it, but the end result and the reward and sense of accomplishment is more than worth it!  Couldn't have done it without your help. Let's just hope it's reliable because I've only tested with 2 restarts of the game so far Lol.

Edited by Sami1982

8 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

I just managed to find a working group search in Anonymous only region. Went blind and spent hours to find it....and some more blindness and some more hours to figure out how to script it, but the end result and the reward and sense of accomplishment is more than worth it!  Couldn't have done it without your help. Let's just hope it's reliable because I've only tested with 2 restarts of the game so far Lol.

Aright, i hope it helped. Take the time and play around with it. At some point it will make sense.
And use the print() function see what your script is doing. Like that you don't need to guess or assume.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nok1a said:

Take the time and play around with it. At some point it will make sense.
And use the print() function see what your script is doing. Like that you don't need to guess or assume.

I sure will my friend.

2 hours ago, nok1a said:

i hope it helped

You have done BEYOND helped lol.  The amount of knowledge you fed me is absolutely phenomenal. Do you know that the small, basic piece of advice about "using 2 devices simultaneously" is something I had not seen in any place (forum or youtube tutorial) before?? I didn't realize that if you see the same value on 2 devices simultaneously this means it's static and you can rest assured that when you search for it after you restart the game you will find it. So simple yet brilliant.  Unless it was so obvious and everybody knew it except me and I'm such a noob lol.  Also I used to be scared of something called "pointers" but after your lesson and your method of simplifying and clarifying I am not scared anymore. 

Edited by Sami1982

4 hours ago, Sami1982 said:

I sure will my friend.

You have done BEYOND helped lol.  The amount of knowledge you fed me is absolutely phenomenal. Do you know that the small, basic piece of advice about "using 2 devices simultaneously" is something I had not seen in any place (forum or youtube tutorial) before?? I didn't realize that if you see the same value on 2 devices simultaneously this means it's static and you can rest assured that when you search for it after you restart the game you will find it. So simple yet brilliant.  Unless it was so obvious and everybody knew it except me and I'm such a noob lol.  Also I used to be scared of something called "pointers" but after your lesson and your method of simplifying and clarifying I am not scared anymore. 

I guess it all comes down to finding patterns in anything and use some logic with it based on the knowledge you have of that something. I mean, if your gold is 20 and on another device the gold is 20 to. Then i guess that on both devices there is a number 20 in memory...so something is same on both devices. I mean this pattern makes sense i guess if you do not know about encryption yet. But even with knowing it i think it's a logical thing.

Edited by nok1a

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, nok1a said:

I guess it all comes down to finding patterns in anything and use some logic with it based on the knowledge you have of that something. I mean, if your gold is 20 and on another device the gold is 20 to. Then i guess that on both devices there is a number 20 in memory...so something is same on both devices. I mean this pattern makes sense i guess if you do not know about encryption yet. But even with knowing it i think it's a logical thing.

Okay even with my latest script (which is only using the Anonymous region) it still fails randomly and I think I know why.  Despite having the same values (static ones)  at the same distance on both devices, they sometimes randomly change. So I guess having them on 2 devices isn't a hard and fast rule that they are static, unless it's just the case with this game 🙃

Edited by Sami1982