Can find value on Nox, but not on Zenfone 5z

Tyras

Question

I managed to make GG work with a game I'm playing (offline, no online at all) on nox. After using the "The value is encrypted" option on search and a lot of tries and tests, I found out that they use integers (DWORDs, AFAIK), but they shift the values 3 bits left with 011 (binary). After that, cheating on the game on nox became easy.

But after rooting my phone (Zenfone 5z), I can't seem to do the same on it. I can't find the values doing the shift that I do on Nox, and even searching with the "the value is encrypted" option don't get me anywhere. it gets results, but after some refining steps it just doesn't return any values or the values returned doesn't work (changes nothing on the value ingame.

What could it be happening? is it because the nox emulate a 32bits device and my phone is a 64bit one? What could i do?

The game in question is Eldrun: Red Tide

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, sammax71 said:

Are you searching in the right memory range? If you're not finding the values maybe try searching in "Other".

I'm searching on the same memory ranges in both devices. But I'll try in the other option

[ @Tyras ]
---

is it because the nox emulate a 32bits device and my phone is a 64bit one?

It could be. Check this directory: "/data/apps/com.gotterdammerung.redtide/libs" (Armeabi-v7a (32-bit), Armv8a (64-bit)). If both architecture isn't the same, might redownload the game from here: Eldrum: Red Tide. Just let me know about the architecture.
---

I'm searching on the same memory ranges in both devices

Memory Ranges can differ on each devices, I suggest to select all Memory Ranges first before determining where the values is (Especially the green, pink and red one).
---

On 9/21/2023 at 3:24 PM, Tyras said:

I managed to make GG work with a game I'm playing (offline, no online at all) on nox. After using the "The value is encrypted" option on search and a lot of tries and tests, I found out that they use integers (DWORDs, AFAIK), but they shift the values 3 bits left with 011 (binary). After that, cheating on the game on nox became easy.

But after rooting my phone (Zenfone 5z), I can't seem to do the same on it. I can't find the values doing the shift that I do on Nox, and even searching with the "the value is encrypted" option don't get me anywhere. it gets results, but after some refining steps it just doesn't return any values or the values returned doesn't work (changes nothing on the value ingame.

What could it be happening? is it because the nox emulate a 32bits device and my phone is a 64bit one? What could i do?

The game in question is Eldrun: Red Tide

I had that issue happening sometimes in a old game i was playing. Turned out depending on the instruction set architecture the game installs a different game version. So the value may differ. So if you have already checked all memory regions as Kiynox instructed make sure to check the game versions. Here an example of different game versions on different instruction set architecture:

Combat magic stats change? (#o1uhthk)

If that´s not the issue you could use pointers to "try" locate the value in your phone but for that you have to understand the pointer structure in Nox.
What you also can do is check the behaviour of the value in Nox. Seeing if the value increases or dicreases when doing sercent actions and replicate that behaviour using unknown search in mobile. I mean it´s what i usually do.

Edited by nok1a