unchangable values or codes in lib

Marika

Question

Hello.

I noticed some values in lib which I am unable to change. Usually values or Arm codes in a lib is super easy to change but it just won't change and freeze also would not work.

I am guessing those codes only run at very early stage of loading the game( I placed breakpoints on them with GDB but nothing seems to hit them after everything is loaded).(and sorry if I am wrong I am not so knowledgeable) 

My questions are why they won't change and is there any other way to change them other than modding those codes with a hex editor?

Any opinions or tips?

Thank you!

6 answers to this question

when you execute the app it make an image of the lib(and other files) and load them in memory 
note : the loaded files are just copies of the original files (modding will modify the originals GG will modify the copies) original files stay intact when you execute the app.
if the app have some kind of security that detect the changement of the copies (in case of read write privliage) 
view the arm code as bytes and calculate the diff when you change the values check the add to value do not replace checkbox and edit it byte by byte

16 minutes ago, Platonic said:

How do i confirm if it attache to process with ptrace?

It does that by default, I think. When it can't, it's mostly (or only) due to protection of the game that prevents it. Presence of such protection can be typically noticed by second process that is attached to main process.

11 hours ago, CmP said:

It does that by default, I think. When it can't, it's mostly (or only) due to protection of the game that prevents it. Presence of such protection can be typically noticed by second process that is attached to main process.

Oke, i only tested it on a app named instagram. And there was no "#" or "!" there. For that i wondered if it was relevant to the app being traced by a specific process or something else.

Archived