A Study on the Hitbox Mod of Pixel Gun

qwer098

Question

I don't know how many times I've written about Pixel gun 3d. I've tried many different methods, and I've found out one thing: the aimbot using the aim assist function was not very effective. Because aim assist intentionally degraded its performance, no matter how high the value was modified, the performance was not good enough to be called aimbot. So I decided to focus on modifying the hitbox value.

The following are the methods I tried to modify the hitbox value.
1. Find out the offset value of hitbox through dnspy and then modify the value through gg offset calculator
The problem with this method is that I didn't know if the offset I found was really related to the hitbox. There were a lot of offsets that looks like related to hitboxes or head, and I tried to modify some of the values that seemed to be likely (or could be modified), but nothing happened.
2. hex editing
Find the offset address found in dnspy, open the libli2cpp.so file with HxD, move it to that address, and change the value. Similarly, I didn't get meaningful results.
3. Analyze the obb file through Unity Unpacker, and then modify the xyz value of the head
This method worked half as well. The aim assist responded more sensitively to the head, but when I actually fired, I couldn't hit anything.
4. Unchanged unknown value search
This is, in a way, primitive, but one of the most obvious. It is to search for values that are likely to be related to hitbox (mainly 1) in Float, and then collectively modify hundreds of thousands of values by combining them by 5,000 to 6,000. But this method also didn't pay off, and some of the values immediately banned me as soon as I fixed them.
5. Field offset explorer
This is a lua script that allows you to find and modify field offset values in gg. It's a very useful tool, and it actually succeeded in modifying the aim assist value to some extent, but it wasn't a meaningful achievement as I said above, and it also failed to change the hitbox value.

Other than this, I did some meaningless things. If there's anything I missed, or anyone who can help me, please reply. Thank you.

8 answers to this question

On 9/9/2022 at 4:12 AM, qwer098 said:

I don't know how many times I've written about Pixel gun 3d. I've tried many different methods, and I've found out one thing: the aimbot using the aim assist function was not very effective. Because aim assist intentionally degraded its performance, no matter how high the value was modified, the performance was not good enough to be called aimbot. So I decided to focus on modifying the hitbox value.

1. Find out the offset value of hitbox through dnspy and then modify the value through gg offset calculator
The problem with this method is that I didn't know if the offset I found was really related to the hitbox. There were a lot of offsets that looks like related to hitboxes or head, and I tried to modify some of the values that seemed to be likely (or could be modified), but nothing happened.
2. hex editing
Find the offset address found in dnspy, open the libli2cpp.so file with HxD, move it to that address, and change the value. Similarly, I didn't get meaningful results.
3. Analyze the obb file through Unity Unpacker, and then modify the xyz value of the head
This method worked half as well. The aim assist responded more sensitively to the head, but when I actually fired, I couldn't hit anything.
This is, in a way, primitive, but one of the most obvious. It is to search for values that are likely to be related to hitbox (mainly 1) in Float, and then collectively modify hundreds of thousands of values by combining them by 5,000 to 6,000. But this method also didn't pay off, and some of the values immediately banned me as soon as I fixed them.
5. Field offset explorer
This is a lua script that allows you to find and modify field offset values in gg. It's a very useful tool, and it actually succeeded in modifying the aim assist value to some extent, but it wasn't a meaningful achievement as I said above, and it also failed to change the hitbox value.

Other than this, I did some meaningless things. If there's anything I missed, or anyone who can help me, please reply. Thank you.

Hi, did you eventually found the hitbox?

1 hour ago, qwer098 said:

2. hex editing
5. Field offset explorer

Bro you broke my eyes

If you want to test offest easily

and what is this game I'm really confused 

58 minutes ago, MANDO01 said:

Bro you broke my eyes

If you want to test offest easily

and what is this game I'm really confused 

The whole process was successful without error, but the Pixel gun system immediately banned me. 😞

On 9/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, qwer098 said:

2. hex editing
5. Field offset explorer

Wow, this is amazing! You seem very dedicated, and there are some techniques you used I never thought of or knew about! Can you give me the link the field offset explorer and unity unpacker? These seem like awesome tools and I really want to check them out!

When the unknown value search banned you, this is because of trap values. The game makes random values that ban you when you edit them as a form of anticheat. To get around this, you should play the game in offline mode by turning off your internet (I believe you need to be at least level 3 to play the game in offline mode).

There are many tutorials on aimbot such as this one and this one. This is very advanced and not many people do it, but you can write c++ aimbot code, compile it to assembly with Compiler Explorer, and use gameguardian to allocate extra memory to the application and run the assembly code for aimbot in this memory. I don't know the limitations of this or if it is even possible, because I have never tried it. But this is the best suggestion I can think of.

I hope you succeed in making aimbot and hitbox hacks! You have come much closer than I have, and I have tried before.

Pixel gun 3d uses multiple types of Signature Verification to detect it when you modify the apk. This is possible to bypass, but it is easier to modify the libil2cpp.so file with gameguardian.

It is very easy to hex patch with gameguardian - here is a template:

Il2cppPatch.lua

By the way, why did hex editing not work?

Just now, HorridModz said:

There are many tutorials on aimbot such as this one and this one. This is very advanced and not many people do it, but you can write c++ aimbot code, compile it to assembly with Compiler Explorer, and use gameguardian to allocate extra memory to the application and run the assembly code for aimbot in this memory. I don't know the limitations of this or if it is even possible, because I have never tried it. But this is the best suggestion I can think of.

I'm sorry, this is bad advice. External hooking is a far better option.

20 minutes ago, HorridModz said:

Wow, this is amazing! You seem very dedicated, and there are some techniques you used I never thought of or knew about! Can you give me the link the field offset explorer and unity unpacker? These seem like awesome tools and I really want to check them out

Class name and Field offset searcher (#4udgq21d)

https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/Unitypackage-Unpacker-for-Unity-FREE.html

40 minutes ago, HorridModz said:

Pixel gun 3d uses multiple types of Signature Verification to detect it when you modify the apk. This is possible to bypass, but it is easier to modify the libil2cpp.so file with gameguardian.

It is very easy to hex patch with gameguardian - here is a template:

Il2cppPatch.lua 4.38 kB · 1 download

By the way, why did hex editing not work?

I'm sorry, this is bad advice. External hooking is a far better option.

I think the reason I failed Hex Patch was just because I didn't have enough knowledge of Hex. It wasn't an impossible way, but I guess it was just that I didn't know anything. I should study more about Hex Patch and try again.

Archived