Automated script load from shell/other app?

fllwr

Question

I use other script engine/app to automate some game play and  I use GG run some task on demand.

The problem is, GG script seems to be interrupted if target process is terminated. (Reasonable but block in my way)

But sometimes I want to kill/restart the game, and therefore need to automate attach/load script.

To make it happen:

1. If it is possible to attach process/load script through local IPC or shell command.

I think it is not possible now.

2. Automate tap on GG to attach/load script. But there are two major problems to solve:

A. Find the game process can be non-trivial as the position in list seems unpredictable.

B. Find GG floating icon can be non-trivial.

Anyway, I would like to request some (trivial) features for menu/UI, which benefits humans and also can make my automation easier.

1. Add options to sort process list by pid/display name/package name.

IMO a sorted list is much easier to locate the process.

(It seems that GG tries to put foremost window's process 1st in list, but not always and other window/process are not sorted.

In case there is another floating window around, it is most likely that the floating window's app is 1st in list, and the game is at random list position.)

2. Add a menu entry to set/set floating icon position in menu. Add a menu entry to change floating icon size.

IMO a smaller floating window (without auto hide) is most convenient.

Remember and apply accurate floating icon position is much easier than struggle to drag GG to correct region every time.

(One practical use case is when speedhack is use frequently to tweak speed up/down all the time.

GG's floating icon is large, and huge if speedhack's arrows is shown -- I knew long press again can hide arrows, but it is inconvenient if I want to change speed all the time)

It would be easiest possible to attach process/load script through local IPC or shell command.

1 answer to this question

• Administrators
3 hours ago, fllwr said:

it is possible to attach process/load script through local IPC or shell command.

No.

3 hours ago, fllwr said:

Add a menu entry to set/set floating icon position in menu. Add a menu entry to change floating icon size.

Icon position saved. so you can setup it before script run.

Archived