change or add dword value in a byte address

diegobmoura

Question

Just as in the cheat engine there is some form of an address with a byte value, Add or change the value type from byte to dword?

for example in the image I circled the address that I want to add or change the value in byte to dword or even in word.

20200428_071444.jpg

4 answers to this question

1. Get some basic address around that and do group search. 
For example that you had already have a code to track this address. 

gg.searchNumber(code,4)
gg.searchNumber(68099,4)
local t1 = gg.getResults(1)
local t2 = {address = t1[1]["address"] + 1, flags = 1, value = (Any value that you want to set)} -- The address is 1 byte below address of 68099
gg.setValues(t2)
gg.toast("Completed")

Eh wait, you're not asking for script right?

1 hour ago, ItsSC said:

1. Get some basic address around that and do group search. 
For example that you had already have a code to track this address. 

gg.searchNumber(code,4)
gg.searchNumber(68099,4)
local t1 = gg.getResults(1)
local t2 = {address = t1[1]["address"] + 1, flags = 1, value = (Any value that you want to set)} -- The address is 1 byte below address of 68099
gg.setValues(t2)
gg.toast("Completed")

Eh wait, you're not asking for script right?

nops, but thanks for responding. I just wanted to know if I could add or change the value from byte to word or dword at the address I found, just like it is on the cheat engine on pc.

I had already noticed the code but when I change it it ends up that the item in the inventory disappears because the limit is 255 because it is byte. But using the same trick on the PC's It works

• Administrators

Dword must be 4-bytes aligned. You pointed to value not meet this criteria. So it can not be dword.

Learn about data type align in memory.

[added 2 minutes later]

Also if game expect byte here, you cannot post dword value instead. Game will use only first byte of dword. All other will be written on next memory, maybe with overwrite something important, which leads to crash.

9 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Dword must be 4-bytes aligned. You pointed to value not meet this criteria. So it can not be dword.

Learn about data type align in memory.

Ok, thank you very much for responding and I will enjoy this Lockdown by learning about it.

Archived