Unknown file extensions, .so, .dex, .sf,

lookimback

OK I'm trying to mod an apk. The game is candy Crush Saga. I've made a few changes successfully but have encountered unknown file types. I'm new to Android. When I try to edit some of these files they look like a bunch of strange characters. I can open them with hex editor but then its just a bunch of numbers. I understand hex, concept anyways, but I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to turn these files into strings of code that I could understand. Files are .so, .dex, .rsa, .pkm, .arsc. maybe others too.

Also, is there like a particular file u usually look for when u mod an apk? I've explored several apks and noticed they all seem to have the same file structure.

Sent from my Hydro using Tapatalk 2

To mod apks, we usually decompile it and edit .smali files,or u can directly open classes.dex and look for the files to be edited.

.so files are for the format of library files,and we use IDA to look for necessary things to be edited.

.arsc is not a usefull file,se we usually do not look into them.

Very helpful. Thank u. One more question. Smali files, I looked for these and couldn't find any files with .smali as an extension in my apk. Is there some other ext for smali files?

Oh, also, I remember using IDA in the past to mod programs when I had a PC. I only have phone for now. Is there a mobile version of IDA?

Thanks for the helpful info. I'll have a laptop soon. I Google IDA last night and found out that there was no mobile version.

So on a PC is there an emulator for testing purposes?

OK good because its never a good idea to run an untested app. Especially on a phone, like mine, with a locked bootloader. Wouldn't want to end up with a paperweight.

Oh another question. How can I figure out the x y axis of an image? As part of my mod I want to mess with the main menu imagery a little. Just want to flip the "king" logo upside-down and make the "Candy Crush Saga" sign that drops from a cord look tilted.:D I know I can use Photoshop on the image and found the .xml file that determines the location in the image already. Just need to figure out the x y axis of the image so I can change the .xml file.

I know I had some program that did that years ago. Just can't remember. Its just a real pain having to reassemble the apk repeatedly for trial and error. Maybe I can find some way other than using the apk to test it.

Dude first time modding is so hard for evreyone and mostly if u trying without a tutorial believe I stayed more than year to learn by my self and I still not good one :/

The best way is to have a full tutorial like I mad in vip to follow it and to try mod a game

Btw good luck :)