loody

Question

Hello everyone, 

I' was searching all the way through this forum and other sites, without success, how to search for a value stored as a difference between 2 other values.
The thing is, that my value, ex 32 is stored as Dword, as for exemple:

changing the upper one increases the resource

both values change when I change the value in-game, so the only option would be a fuzzy search and "value changed" or "value unchanged" which takes a hellish amount of time since the results are in millions. Of course then I limit them between 1 and 10000, still not a 100% success rate.

Is there any way to search a-b=c where a and b are unknown and adjacent and c is the value that shows up in a game

I'm sorry, I might be bad at searching but I failed to find solution elsewhere

Cheers

L

8 answers to this question

Thank you,

I can't do N=O+D because both values change,de  they can both go up or down, so in the given exemple:

I change a number in-game by -1

what I can get is for exemple 

or whatever two numbers with a difference of 31, no relation to previous set

the 98-66 exemple is an unfortunate one, the two values are not always XOR, they are always a-x=b 

In short, the in-game value is a result of subtraction, difference between two values in GG, I fail to understand how a XOR is at play... (I'm not really experienced, though I know what XOR is and how it works, at least I thought so)

Is it a coincidence or the XOR key is matched with a subtraction?

Also, I cannot find my values with XOR search and XOR calculator told me that it doesn't add up...

I might be doing something wrong with XOR though, it's quite new for me.

So, there is no method of searching a group, like a;a-x:2

<a> being unknown value, <x> being an in-game value which I am looking for?

• Moderators

Gotcha, like Ares Virus

Value A - Value B = QTY

A and B are "random" every value change, but maintain A-B=C

You could treat like xor to find the values. Just wouldn't be "perfect". 

Example, let's say you know the value is 123.

I think search 141x4 = A-B=C

Hope this makes sense....

That's right, A - B = QTY and they change randomly every value change and maintain the equation. I thied with XOR, no success.

Sorry, that's getting a bit complicated, what a 141x4 is doing here if we are searching for 132 and how it is that on my GG keypad I don't have a "=" sign or a small "x"? am I supposed to get it on PC and NOX?

so many things I don't know, it is scary :)))

I am doing it on galaxy s7 if it matters

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Make script. Search by fuzzy changed/unchanged.

After find little count of values - filter results by load it and check via diff between pairs. If you know distance between pairs - use it.

I think this is a lengthy process though...

Realized xor might not work great... Follow pointers and find some constants to use and find values from instead.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, loody said:

Thanks to all,

I'll try the pointer thingy.

That makes a cute suggestion for new functionalities I guess? could be extremely useful to be able to search pairs like that

L

Better off somehow scripting it.

Enyby won't add feature to accommodate 1 game... Find many titles utilizing same protection, he'll consider it. Trust me on that 🙂

Archived