Idea for a fun weekly/monthly event thing

TehStupidDog

Question

So, everyone knows what a lets play video is. How about there be a weekly/monthly thing called "lets hack" where people make sugestions to hack a game that doesnt really have a mod or hack out for it. The most popular (or cool) looking suggestion becomes the target.

A thread would then be started where everyone can join in and post what they find and hopefully we can coordinate ourselves and share findings and tricks and see how well (or badly) we can hack the game. 

People can learn from each other with this and teach others new tricks too. It would also help the database of hacks here as after each game is donea script or something could be made I would LOVE to see this happen and would volunteer to organise but im a single daddy of a 20 month old who was badly abused at 9 months and i also just got made homeless before xmas My excuse wins! (its actually all true though). I WOULD however try and join in on the hacking as i get moments where i have a little free time and always love to learn more about GG and how to use it.

I used to use cheatengine on the PC and got to the point where i could wade through pages of ASM to find fun stuff and use CEs trainer maker to throw out trainers. I understand pointers fine on PC but havent got my head around the pointer features in GG yet. I know there are video tutorials but i have limited data on my device and very little money to get more.

Would love to know what you guys think and also if anyone (with good skills and knowledge please) would like to organise it. Theres no point in having someone who doesnt understand the basics running the show, and i think we should limit questions in the threads to have to be over a certain level (so no asking how to do a range search or anything that can be found out by reading the GG help/faq that comes with the app.

I have SO much love and respect to the amazing people that made and make GG. Thank you SO much for making it, i plan to donate when im in a better position but your work makes this poor single daddy so happy when he gets to use it! I hope one day you can put in a disasm in and a few breakpoint options, it would be hilarious how powerfull GG would be, even more so than it is now :)

Thanks for reading all the way to the end! 

2 answers to this question

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, TehStupidDog said:

I understand pointers fine on PC but havent got my head around the pointer features in GG yet.

Pointers is still same everywhere. It is just address stored on memory.

28 minutes ago, TehStupidDog said:

I hope one day you can put in a disasm in and a few breakpoint options

We do not plan that. It only memory editor. Not debugger. Use IDA or GDB for debug.

Archived