Compare GameGuardian with other hack tools (GameCIH, GameHacker, GameKiller, CheatEngine)

Enyby

• Administrators

General information looks like this:
The main leaders are GameGuardian (GG), GameHacker (GH), GameKiller (GK), GameCIH (GC) and CheatEngine (CE).
Everything else is a rarities that few people use, or they are poorly-functional.

Now, for each program individually:
GameCIH - grandparent. Rustic, many can not. Access rue curve, so in most cases it does not work in modern devices. At 5 android above does not work in principle.
CheatEngine - perhaps more able, but no one knows how to use it. Instructions and information is not enough. Chances are great opportunities, but the interface disappoint as convenience. In total, the program is little used.
GameHacker - very useful for the beginner, providing a balance between complexity and capabilities. On 5 android does not work. There are special. version for x86 devices. The rich functionality and user-friendly interface. Unfortunately, the abandoned, and further development is not expected.
GameKiller - probably the most well-known program. Powered by Android-5, albeit crooked. Maybe more it complicated for a beginner. On the whole, quite convenient and functional tool, but sometimes there are bugs and problems. Develops, although rather slow, mainly support and cosmetics.
GameGuardian - increasingly popular tool. Not so long ago was among the outsiders, it is now slowly breaks in the first place. The program is rich in functionality and works steadily almost everywhere. However, the interface does not differ convenience, the main emphasis is on functionality. Only actively developing the utility of the number represented. There is strong support.

The main functions of the program about the same. That means that if something could be done in one program, it is likely, this could be done in any other.
However, this does not apply to some unique features not found in other utilities.

By the way, the opposite is true. If something can not be done with a single program, it is likely that this can be done, and others, although there are exceptions.

Now with regard to the selection. If you have an android below 5 and ARM processor, you can use any option.
Availability of x86 processor narrows the choice to GameHacker or GameGuardian.
A 5 android and above - CheatEngine, GameKiller, GameGuardian.
If you have 5 Android and x86 processor, then there is no choice - GameGuardian.

Intel and x86 processor are one and the same, if anyone not knows.

Some user recorded video - breaking test of the same application through GameGuardian and GameHacker:

Test results:
GameGuardian hacked value without problems, and GameHacker could not find it.
Perhaps in GameHacker should change the settings, exposing a deeper search - I do not know.
But with the settings of "out of the box", GameGuardian coped with the task, in contrast to his Chinese counterpart.

By the way, in the video also shows that GH is looking slower than the GG, and this despite the fact that GH finds nothing.

• Administrators

Comparison of memory usage GameHacker and GameGuardian

The same application.
Maximum search depth. We are looking for the number 0 Dword. All data is stored in memory.

Testing:
The GG (data RAM) found 25 937 307. The memory consumption - 117,060 Kb.

scr_1479097379.png

scr_1479097522.png

The GH 3.1 found 25 288 530. The memory consumption - 301,244 Kb.

scr_1479097425.png
scr_1479097504.png

B GH 2.6.3 x86 mode Deep Search found 52 627 270. The consumption of memory - 618,472 Kb.

scr_1479098024.png

scr_1479098062.png

B GH 2.6.3 x86 mode Multiple Search found 25 345 211. The memory consumption - 298,760 Kb.

scr_1479098147.png

scr_1479098169.png
The GG (the data on the memory card) found 25 936 731. The memory consumption - 2896 KB.

scr_1479098893.png
scr_1479098906.png
GameKiller on Droid4X not work. Generally, all version. Either there are 0 results or led away into reboot emulator (old version).
CheatEngine also not work.

Outcome: GG memory consumes 2.5 times more economical, even if the stores data in RAM. If you use a data storage on a memory card (which is not possible in GH), the memory usage does not exceed 2-5 Mb, making it much easier to break into memory-demanding games.

Comparison of memory usage GameGuardian, GameHacker, GameCIH and GameKiller

Comparison was made on the ARM device on the same application. Used Search 0 dword in the fullest possible range.
However, the data still turned out slightly different, so the filmed three indicators - Memory consumption when found, the number of found and memory consumption when no results.

Tests:
GameCIH 3.0:
0 results - 1 400 kb
1,768,168 results - 17 784 kb.
~ 9266 kb for 1 million results

GameKiller 4.1:
0 results - 612 kb
1,140,139 results - 14 660 kb.
~ 12321 KB for 1 million results

GameHacker 3.1:
0 results - 1068 kb
3,648,376 results - 43 824 kb.
~ 11719 KB to 1 million results

GameGuardian 8.9.0:
0 results - 1 156 kb
1,633,296 results - 9352 kb.
~ 5018 kb to 1 million results

Data for GameCIH is not entirely accurate, since it does not know how to search only dword, and looking all at once. Therefore, the amount found was divided by 4. It found 7,072,674, and 1,768,168 were used in the calculations.

CheatEngine could not be verified, since the memory consumption is not changed when I search (about 700-900 kb). Most commonly used buffer on disk, not in memory.

Results:
GameGuardian uses memory more efficiently. Although GameKiller demon simply consumes less memory to 600 KB with any results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

From official CheatEngine forum: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5645191#5645191

tried out the app for some games, disappointed.

1: this app scan doesn't work at all, all the scans was giving me 0 result
2 : process / app picker is BAD, only complicated name not icon like game guardian
3 : tried game guardian and cheat engine on the same game. the cheat engine scan never show any result but game guardian worked well

TL;DR : game guardian > cheat engine

please improve this app more....

scr_1479965457.png

4 hours ago, Enyby said:

Can confirm, tried CheatEngine once.

The only Process it gave me to hook was their own process.

Tried on PC Emu, told me i'm not rooted.

Its a big buggy mess.

Code vomit.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, daniloscala said:

i think dev only see PC. 

He say:

scr_1479983829.png

Maybe in someday we can see improved CheatEngine for Android.

BTW: Their forum look like forgotten. Or they do not like me/us. I post to thread 5 day ago but post visible only for me. No approve by mods:

scr_1479984100.png

And I have more old post: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5646270#5646270

It too hidden from all expect me:

scr_1479984285.png

17 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Another funny thing about CheatEngine dev:

http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5687969

scr_1479984687.png

scr_1479984701.png

He do not know how encrypted search works and think about "something lame".

17 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Another funny thing about CheatEngine dev:

http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5687969

scr_1479984687.png

scr_1479984701.png

He do not know how encrypted search works and think about "something lame".

Wow he's a dick about GG, just because he can't code he makes up excuses to not implement something and still is able to bash GG.

Unproffesional for such a big dev.

Would be funny (but hard) if you dissed him by making a better CE for PC.

Won't ever happen though, you already are busy enough.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Skullboyq said:

Wow he's a dick about GG, just because he can't code he makes up excuses to not implement something and still is able to bash GG.

Wrong. On first look on encrypted search you think same things - 'no common way' but it is not true. If look deeper you can find one common way.

25 minutes ago, Skullboyq said:

Unproffesional for such a big dev.

I do not think so. He do not look into issue. 'This impossible because it look like that' - no any check. It is not unprofessional. He hear many trash things and think about that 'is another trash'. Man who write PC CheatEngine can not be unprofessional. It is very hard and very powerful tool. Many more harder from GG.

28 minutes ago, Skullboyq said:

Would be funny (but hard) if you dissed him by making a better CE for PC.

I can tell him how work encrypted search. But it cause some problems on future. Code of CheatEngine is open source. If I tell him this info then after implementation its stay public.

Encrypted search worked only if some requirements passed. It can be easy avoided. If anyone known how it works then they can use easy fix for bypass encrypted search.

Because of that I do not want tell to any how it work.

Especially make algorithm public.

• 1 year later...

like CheatEngine

By the way, I have a small suggestion that I will use floating point conversion when I hack some games. I have to switch games out every time. I feel very troublesome. Can I add this function to GameGuardian, if can.

• Administrators

I do not understand what you mean. In GG present help. read it.

Here web version: https://gameguardian.net/help/

By the way, I have a small suggestion that I will use floating point conversion when I hack some games. I have to switch games out every time. I feel very troublesome. Can I add this function to GameGuardian, if can.

I do not understand what you mean.