#10850.2 error

NoRudeLaw

Not sure if this is a bug, an error with my account, some sort of failsafe, or what have you. But whenever I attempt to download any file from the gameguardian server (including gameguardian itself) I am met with the following message:

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10850.2] An internal error has occurred. Please contact an administrator.

While I initially thought this might be a site failsafe to prevent new members from signing up and instantly downloading files until a certain amount of time and/or posts had been met, I've been having this problem since I created my account over a week ago. Similarly I also have a somewhat respectable post count for a "new member", considering how few topics seem to warrant an actual response or comment from me.

This is not a childish screamfest, with me demanding someone to "fix" the problem. Merely this is a polite informational post, bringing the error to light, and requesting an explanation should one be required.

Also, this problem happens when attempting to download any files from the site. New files, old files, game saves, modded apks, even attempting to download gameguardian itself (I had to download the app from a third party site that just happed to have a mediafire link to the app).

Thank you for your time.

• Administrators

Hello,

Thank you for the well written report. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm not sure why exactly you are having this problem, other than we just updated the downloads section. Once I have the time tonight, I'll look into it.

Also, you may find it helpful to access the menu: More>Error Codes.

It is a link to IPB, where you can search any error code you are given, and it gives you more information on it.

The error code, based on my observations, simply states that the file(s) cannot be located. Typically its not much of a problem, however I will admit that sometimes using someone else's modded apk will save me time from having to mod it myself.

Thanks for the prompt response.

• Administrators

Hello,

This is the problem:

Error #10850

Error Information

No file id (perhaps an expired dynamic download url)

if( !$info['file_id'] )

{

$this->registry->output->showError( 'error_generic', 10850 );

}

Technical Information

Application: downloads

Module: display

Section: download

Language code: error_generic

Have you tried going back to downloads, then selecting the file, and download it again, rather than pressing the download button repeatedly?

I've tried multiple different approaches, yet all produce the same result. I've tried accessing the files from the mobile version of the forum (no luck), the full version of the forum (no luck). I've attempted this with multiple different files as well. All produce the same error message.

Its a generic "I can't find that file" message, I know. However I'm pointing out that I get the same problem, and same result, regardless of what file I try to download.

I also understand that you say you've resolved this issue, which put me in quite a giddy mood, only to be met with the same error message again.

I appreciate the effort however.

The only file I've received a different message on while attempting to download, is the Inotia 4 modded apk, which just says I don't have permission. All other files that I attempt with simply give the "cannot locate file ID" error.

Hmm what browser/os are you using to try to download the file? Are you trying to download the files with your phone/and or using the built in browser on your phone.

Once I know what os(ie if using a computer windows/linux/mac os) or phone/tablet(what os again ios/android) and which browser if on computer safari, opera, firefox, internet explorer, chrome, etc or on a phone tablet if your using the built in browser or a 3rd party browser ie firefox skyfire opera etc

So long story short I need to know :

1. Are you using a computer to try to dld?

1a. If yes what os are you running and what browser/browser version are you using?

Or

2. If your using a phone / tablet to dld

2a. If yes what os again and version as well as what browser your using? Ruling out tapatalk since you cannot directly download from download section since you cannot click agree and download and or view the downloads section directly from tapatalk at least not to my knowledge lol

Once you give me tht info I can try and help you with this issue and from the sounds of things it might be rather simple(then again I have a degree in networking & security lol)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Simply put, I only attempt downloads from an older android that is basically only used for games and other various form of...fun.

I've used the stripped down version of the site, as well as the "full version" also. As for the OS itself, it's an old gingerbread android that has so much old saved data on it, that I'm reluctant to throw it away.

While I understand why you'd be asking about my OS, I'm a little puzzled as to why it would apply to an error message that labels itself as an internal error.

Either way, I still appreciate the continued support and prompt responses.

Oh, and I haven't bothered checking any of the downloads via PC by the way.

Its not quite really an internal error it has to do with the way that the site handles downloads and download security, its not your account as d2d verified I had a suspiscion that it might be that you were trying to download using androud, I've 2 things for you to try 1 try downloading from a pc preferably win 7 and firefox or chrome second try downloading from firefox latest version on your droid device and let me know the results?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2