Can we make game guardian execute instructions from an allocated memory page?

Rxhacker

Question

Let's consider i have a function called addCoins(int coins). I want to make changes to this function to hack the number of coins. I was able to change the paramater value by allocating a memory page and jumping to that address and writing assembly code there. But one limitation i get is that,  i will have to wait for the function addCoins(int coins) to get called. SO, Can we make game guardian execute from an memory page? Not by jumping from the game code but as a seperate thread.

2 answers to this question

[ @Rxhacker ]
---
I think this is the limitation of being debug oriented. Invoking function works by loading the result of corresponding function into another function/variables which suggests in need of "custom button" to do so. Since Game Guardian only do replacement, I don't think it can. (Quirky idea: is to add a loop instruction with timers. When the function get called by the game, the function will calling itself once in a while, but it is a bad idea if the game doesn't use different thread to update the coins value, since it will stuck iterating loops)
---

@Rxhacker
No you can't create thread using GG the only solution is by trampoline hooks,
explaination : 
all games and apps are compiled and there is a linkage between it's functions(methods) and calls.
read more

it's either you jmp
or pointer replace -> if the addCoins(int coins) is an actual method within the lib you can alloc mem with gg set up R1 (<- R1 not R0 bc R0 is the caller address / class field )
then call the original addCoins using BL ( or other branch instructions )
finally sweap the field pointer to the new allocmem
this method is helpful if you have a global method like dmg or range ( changing it cause the enemy to have the same hack as u ) 

Edited by XEKEX