No libil2cpp.so and metadata in game files

kalibro

Question

Hey guys, when i want to dump libil2cpp and metadata  for offsets so i can hack them in GG, for example there are games with libil2cpp and metadata and you can already dump it, but there are also games with no libil2cpp and metadata. Does somebody have an idea how to mod these games? 

3 answers to this question

[ @kalibro ]
---
For games that is not Unity (libil2cpp.so) or Unreal Engine (LibUE4.so), you need to do custom analysis which is by doing it manually. You can use: IDA Pro or Ghidra on Windows (Needs computer). It is hard doing it manually on Android itself. but it is technically possible:
- Use Frida with Termux to see the game behavior through debugging.
- You can also use Game Guardian Memory Editor but you need to understand: "Architectural Intruction" first to understand the Game Structure. Refer to: Arm Documentation 
---
In conclusion, you need to do it manually, here's some basics: Finding Offsets & Dumping Lib.

On 7/18/2023 at 12:39 PM, Xaviesz said:

[ @kalibro ]
---
For games that is not Unity (libil2cpp.so) or Unreal Engine (LibUE4.so), you need to do custom analysis which is by doing it manually. You can use: IDA Pro or Ghidra on Windows (Needs computer). It is hard doing it manually on Android itself. but it is technically possible:
- Use Frida with Termux to see the game behavior through debugging.
- You can also use Game Guardian Memory Editor but you need to understand: "Architectural Intruction" first to understand the Game Structure. Refer to: Arm Documentation 
---
In conclusion, you need to do it manually, here's some basics: Finding Offsets & Dumping Lib.

Hey, so i saw how to do that on IDA, but this type of modding that doesnt require game Guardian, because i thought for example it'll give me offsets so i can use in gg with gg scripts, is it possible, or not?

Hi @kalibro, You doesn't always need offsets in modding. Well, you can generate your own offsets through pointer of address you want to change, but, you can also do pattern searching. Using Hex String, Group search, or even conventional modding with refining result. So yes it is possible.