Manipulating files without root

HorridModz

Question

Gameguardian lets manipulates files the lua file library. The most popular commands that work with files are io.write, io.read, and dofile.

I am currently making a script with these features, and something hit me. You are able to run gameguardian with no root via virtual space.

So my question is: If you are in a virtual space, can gameguardian still manipulate files? Does anything change? Files in the virtual space? Files on the whole phone? Are there any limitations? I need to know if I have to make any changes to my script so that it works for everybody.
Thanks!

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, HorridModz said:

Gameguardian lets manipulates files the lua file library. The most popular commands that work with files are io.write, io.read, and dofile.

I am currently making a script with these features, and something hit me. You are able to run gameguardian with no root via virtual space.

So my question is: If you are in a virtual space, can gameguardian still manipulate files? Does anything change? Files in the virtual space? Files on the whole phone? Are there any limitations? I need to know if I have to make any changes to my script so that it works for everybody.
Thanks!

Bump

15 hours ago, HorridModz said:

Thanks!

This is kind of thing you should try by yourself instead of asking, you have just to make a litle script and try to manipulate files from virtual and see what happen

12 hours ago, MAARS said:

This is kind of thing you should try by yourself instead of asking, you have just to make a litle script and try to manipulate files from virtual and see what happen

I don't have a virtual space.

Okay @MAARSapparently gameguardian doesn't have root directory access anyway 😞 do you know any link or resource so i can understand its limitations for things like accessing files?

6 hours ago, HorridModz said:

Okay @MAARSapparently gameguardian doesn't have root directory access anyway 😞 do you know any link or resource so i can understand its limitations for things like accessing files?

ofc it does have root access, just a reasonable restriction for a script.

8 hours ago, HorridModz said:

You have access to the / directory but there's are some folders and files that requires root 

On 6/19/2022 at 11:03 PM, Rs92ks said:

ofc it does have root access, just a reasonable restriction for a script.

Root DIRECTORY access.

Archived