Is there some values that can't be changed with "value X xor offset" method ?

FloatKey

Question

Hi everyone, i run into some troubles with a game i try to hack 😅

Assuming i found this values in a game : 

gg-table.thumb.jpg.5e0a4a07aab13c0e398f62c590d0fdef.jpg

The game method to make currencies harder to found is xor encryption, including two values for validation, and if they do not match, the currency drops to 0.

In this case, i succesfully hacked diamond currency by selecting "diamonds1 " and "diamonds2 " then editing both of them with the value i want as far as i add "X8" at the end (because values are respectively 8bit away from their keys). Diamond currency can also be succesfully edited to with "X-40", by reaching the keys near from cash values, and there is no problems here.

But if i try to do the same with "cash1" and "cash2" (both at the same time or each alone), edit with "X8" or anything with XOR , this is not going to work : the XOR key will not be applied. 🧐

However, i can manually calculate some new values using the keys I have, then apply my results and edit the cash, this will work, the cash currency will be hacked, although this method is long to set up.

I think the problem comes from a lack of authorization but I'm not sure, maybe it's not working cause I forgot something but I don't think so, otherwise it's just a weird error...

Can anyone help me find the cause of the problem, and if so, how do I fix it ?

Thank you in advance for your answers 🤗

3 answers to this question

As mentioned in this post with clarification about XOR mode

On 8/19/2017 at 2:47 PM, Enyby said:

As key assumed always first value. As value - second. Then key placed always before value.

It means that when you edit value at address Av and specify distance of D, address of the key that will be used Ak will be calculated by subtracting D from Av

Ak = Av - D

So if you need to use key at address that is greater than address of the value, use negative value of distance. -8 in your case.

Example of edit string that you can use for values "cash1" and "cash2" from your screenshot: 

100X-8

Edit: negative values of distance in XOR mode can be used for editing values, but not for searching.

11 hours ago, CmP said:

So if you need to use key at address that is greater than address of the value, use negative value of distance. -8 in your case.

Example of edit string that you can use for values "cash1" and "cash2" from your screenshot: 

ITS WORKING THANKS A LOT !!!

Just by putting a simple " - " between the X and the distance...

Archived