Fuzzy Search - Secondary State?

japanimation

I have searched the internet, GG forums, GG tutorials and nobody ever talks about or can explain what the Secondary State (Capture) and (Equal) in Fuzzy Search are.

Could somebody PLEASE explain:

1. What is the purpose for Capture and Equal

2. When would you use Capture or Equal

3. How to use Capture and Equal

4. Give an example or show Capture and Equal being used

Hopefully someone knows how to use GG well enough to explain.

Much appreciated.

Thank you.

post-26835-0-34661800-1364023694_thumb.p

12 views and 0 comments....let's see how many views we can get before someone who knows anything about this topic replies. (obviously not including my replies)

It will give us an idea of how many people really don't know how to use these options, or GG in general.

btw, bump

Equals is to search the same amount. I also do not know what the capture does. Btw. The views include the time you view it yourself.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Equals is to search the same amount. I also do not know what the capture does. Btw. The views include the time you view it yourself.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Thanks, but what is the difference between the "EQUAL" under "compare current value with last value" and the "EQUAL" under secondary state? If you're not sure what I mean, check out the attached pic above.

btw, I know the views include the number of times I have viewed it. I can actually see the number of views and replies without actually going into the topic.

Now the views are at 51, minus my 1 view...so 50 and only one reply that wasn't much help. Still have hope that someone will eventually explain. Developers, mods, admins...anyone??

• Administrators

If i understand correctly, here is what they mean:

Secondary state:

The value that you are looking for, has changed, here is the ways it changed:

Equal:

It is the same as it was in the first search(, and will stay that way)

Capture:

The value has changed, now capture what it looks like, for it's pattern.

I think there is a specific request that aqua replied to, let me check.

Finally a response that is a little bit helpful!

Thanks for the response d2dyno, i really do appreciate it.

It's still kinda confusing. You said:

If i understand correctly, here is what they mean:

Secondary state:

The value that you are looking for, has changed, here is the ways it changed:

How is "SECONDARY STATE" different from "COMPARE CURRENT VALUE WITH LAST VALUE"?

Equal:

It is the same as it was in the first search(, and will stay that way)

How is EQUAL "SECONDARY STATE" different from EQUAL "COMPARE CURRENT VALUE WITH LAST VALUE"?

Capture:

The value has changed, now capture what it looks like, for it's pattern.

I think there is a specific request that aqua replied to, let me check.

Could you please give an example of a situation where "CAPTURE" would be or could be used?

think there is a specific request that aqua replied to, let me check.

Thank you d2dyno. If you could find out, you would be my hero for life.

Sorry d2dyno, I don't mean to be bother you or annoy you, I would just really like if somebody could give a clear explanation or examples.

Peace....

This post is what the idea is: 

Could you please explain that to me?

I'm sorry, I must not be very smart. I couldn't find the answers to my questions in that post.

I saw an explanation about 1st state, but nothing about 2nd state and nothing about the capture button. I also did not find an explanation about how 1st state is different from 2nd state.

I believe this website has more than 45,000 members, out of those 45,000+ members, is there not ONE person who can answer my questions?  :o

• 1 month later...