Feature Request

Xerocide

I'm not quite sure where else to put this so I hope this is the correct place. If not feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

A couple of features I would like to see are:

• The ability to choose a byte type (2 bytes, 4 bytes, double, etc)
  • The ability to refine a fuzzy search by a certain value (increased by 3, decreased by 10, etc)
  • A way to enter the speed level manually (There is a lot of difference between 100 and 1000)
  • A way to add more than one address to the list at a time (multiselect)
  • A way to manipulate more than one address at a time (It's very tedious to change a list of 100+ addresses one at a time and sometimes it's difficult to refine to less than that)

I love GameGuardian so far but if it had a few more features in line with what something like Cheat Engine offers it would be a much more powerful tool.

I'm not quite sure where else to put this so I hope this is the correct place. If not feel free to move it to a more appropriate location.

A couple of features I would like to see are:

• The ability to choose a byte type (2 bytes, 4 bytes, double, etc)
  • The ability to refine a fuzzy search by a certain value (increased by 3, decreased by 10, etc)
  • A way to enter the speed level manually (There is a lot of difference between 100 and 1000)
  • A way to add more than one address to the list at a time (multiselect)
  • A way to manipulate more than one address at a time (It's very tedious to change a list of 100+ addresses one at a time and sometimes it's difficult to refine to less than that)

I love GameGuardian so far but if it had a few more features in line with what something like Cheat Engine offers it would be a much more powerful tool.

Why would adding these functions dont work? VOL. I

x) too many search criterias -> overload. Gameguardian will crash

x) refine fuzzy? Would work. But for what? Just enter yourself.

x) speed level. Would work. But more than 3x causes 90% of the phones to overheat very fast.

x) multiselect and multiedit -> there are many smartphones like mine that have only 1700 mhz (and i overclocked to max). Adding these funtions would make my phone crash. I tried it. And because many people have worse phones than mine (sgs1) this would cause a loss of many users.

Sry to tell you, but adding these would only work if there were two versions.

agreed I have samsung stratosphere and its not the cpu on mine thats the real issue but the memory all of the above functions would cause my phone to force quite via the low memory tool thats embeded in droid to close either my game or GG

my original question of which cheatengine are you refering to still stands though

I was referring to Cheat Engine for PC. As far as I know GameCIH doesn't have those features either but I only used it briefly before discovering GameGuardian so I am not entirely sure. Well, I guess the CPU and memory issues mentioned don't affect me as much because the device I use is a Galaxy Tab 10.1 overclocked to 1.4 ghz which is plenty of processing power (almost equivalent to my 3 year old laptop) to do that sort of search. Although I only have 1 GB of RAM which I do not know if that would be enough memory to store the search results between searches.

you can use cheatengine on your tab ive used it on my phone it starts a server on the phone and you control it via cheatengine pn pc over network by connection on wifi but it takes me a minimum of 10 mins to search for anygiven value if not longer and thats assuming it dosent crash the game (which it often does)

but like i said you need to control CE from your pc while hacking your tab and remember yout tab is not running the same type of processor as a windos based laptop its actually only the equiv of perhaps a celeron windows proc but that said its still like comparing apples to pineapples they share part of the name but are two totally different things simply because of how instructions are handled as well as os HAL(hardware access layer) instructions/interaction amongst 1000 other things lol

Edited by jmorri2011

• Administrators

I was referring to Cheat Engine for PC. As far as I know GameCIH doesn't have those features either but I only used it briefly before discovering GameGuardian so I am not entirely sure. Well, I guess the CPU and memory issues mentioned don't affect me as much because the device I use is a Galaxy Tab 10.1 overclocked to 1.4 ghz which is plenty of processing power (almost equivalent to my 3 year old laptop) to do that sort of search. Although I only have 1 GB of RAM which I do not know if that would be enough memory to store the search results between searches.

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 as well.

yes you have 1gb of ram my strat has 512 of which i get something like 384 and IVE NEVER seen my phone with everything exited see terminal ---> kill -9 have more than 115mb free and thats running absolutly nothing but core apps when running and during everydayuse i usually only have anywhere between 10mb-45mb free at anygiven time but its usually around 15-20mb free when running a game and using GG

<--- wishes he had / and / or could afford a tab period; I went from a hp Ipaq to my stratosphere and had a "dumb phone" before that and I used the ipaq for my games audiobooks net and such.... it had 192mb of ram or thereabouts with winmo 6.5 hacked onto it although i cant quite remember i believe it was something like a 200mhz or 233mhz proc but i would have to look it up its been since xmas when i stopped using the ipaq once i replaced it and the "dumb phone" with the Stratosphere ill add to this post after i look it up but theres one thing i miss about my ipaq and that was it had a full cf as well as a full sd so it was running 32gb of storage with capability of me to run 64gb 32+32gb and it had an IR port so i could control tv with it :-/

*update* i was WAYYY off on the proc but heres the speccys

[h=3]HP iPAQ Pocket PC hx2495b - handheld - Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium Edition - 3.5" specifications[/h]

• General
  • Product Type Handheld
  • Operating System Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium Edition
  • Display
  • Type 3.5 in Color TFT active matrix ( Transflective )
  • Display Resolution 240 x 320
  • Color Depth 16-bit (64K colors)
  • Memory
  • RAM 64.0 MB - SDRAM
  • ROM 192.0 MB - Flash
  • User Available Memory Flash: 128.0 MB
  • Supported Flash Memory Cards CompactFlash (type II) , MultiMediaCard , SD Memory Card
  • Compatibility SDIO
  • Processor
  • Processor Intel XScale PXA270
  • Processor Clock Speed 520.0 MHz
  • Communications
  • Wireless Connectivity Bluetooth , 802.11b
  • Multimedia
  • Audio Microphone , Speaker
  • Supported Digital Audio Formats MP3
  • Software
  • Preloaded Software Notes , Microsoft Excel Mobile , Calendar , Microsoft Word Mobile , Bluetooth Manager , Tasks , Microsoft PowerPoint Mobile , Self Test , Align Screen , Spell Checker , iPAQ Wireless , Clock , IPAQ Audio , Microsoft Pocket Outlook , Terminal Services Client , WorldMate , Jawbreaker , Power Status , Contacts , File Explorer , Calculator , Memory , Volume Control , Infrared Beaming , IPAQ iTask Manager , Messaging , Windows Media Player 10 Mobile , Solitaire , Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile , HP Image Zone for Pocket PC , Voice Recorder
  • Input Device
  • Type 5-way navigation button , Touch-screen
  • Expansion and Connectivity
  • Expansion Slot(s) 1.0 x CompactFlash Card - Type II , 1.0 x SD Memory Card
  • Interfaces 1.0 x Headphones - Output - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm , 1.0 x Hi-Speed USB
  • Battery
  • Technology / Form Factor Lithium ion
  • Capacity 1440.0 mAh
  • Miscellaneous
  • Included Accessories Power adapter , Stylus , Protective cover
  • Compliant Standards UL , NOM , CSA NRTL/C , cUL , FCC Class B certified
  • Localization English / United States
  • Power
  • Voltage Required AC 120/230 V
  • Dimensions & Weight
  • Width 3.0 in
  • Depth 0.6 in
  • Height 4.7 in
  • Weight 5.8 oz
  • Manufacturer Warranty
  • Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
  • Environmental Parameters
  • Min Operating Temperature 32.0 °F
  • Max Operating Temperature 104.0 °F

Edited by jmorri2011

that all said there is something that IT HAD that droid dosent !

THE ABILITY TO USE SDCARD/CFCARD AND OR INSTERNAL STORAGE SPACE AS MORE MEMORY!?!? lol if droid could effecitntly do that and it worked with all programs as it did on my ipaq we would never have memory issues and force quits because the **** thing ran out of memory stuff like that features that were requested would be possible just take longer to complete the searches lol

that AND the fact even with the screen constantly on on my ipaq I would reliably get about 8 hrs out of it compared to that my stratosphere is a joke and or laughingstock

I easily get 15+ hours out of my Samsung Epic (original with keyboard) running CM9 with moderate use throughout the day. I'm sitting at 41% after 13 hours right now. I actually get great battery life on my phone and I haven't had to sacrifice any performance to get it. Wouldn't using the SD card for swap space be bad for GameGuardian anyway because of how slow the R/W speeds of SD cards are? It would take ages to finish a search. But to stay on topic, would a high-end version be out of the question entirely? Not so familiar with how Android stores addresses but does it use pointers like Windows? I don't think we'll see an Android equivalent of Cheat Engine for a while but if we had the ability to disassemble like Cheat Engine can we could find pointers and that would solve the addresses changing problem that so many games seem to have.

first

I'm jealous lol

second

gg uses sd card as a swap storage with no hitches and in many cases its the only way to search depending on how full your storage memory on your phone is not to be confused with ram

with the ipaq and swap space i was refering to using the sd card as more ram rather than a file that stores the search/results as gameguardian does

as i said above you can use ce on your pgone via wifi and a server running on running on your phone with cheat engine running on your pc and connected to your phone

Edited by jmorri2011

that all said there is something that IT HAD that droid dosent !

THE ABILITY TO USE SDCARD/CFCARD AND OR INSTERNAL STORAGE SPACE AS MORE MEMORY!?!? lol if droid could effecitntly do that and it worked with all programs as it did on my ipaq we would never have memory issues and force quits because the **** thing ran out of memory stuff like that features that were requested would be possible just take longer to complete the searches lol

that AND the fact even with the screen constantly on on my ipaq I would reliably get about 8 hrs out of it compared to that my stratosphere is a joke and or laughingstock

My selfmade Custom Rom does exactly what u described. It uses my SD Card as Ram.