Group search questions

LightWarrior

Question

Hi 

In group search

For example 10;40::30

Between 10 and 40 the number 9 appears, but i don't want results that the number 9 appear between 10 and 30

How can i make a group search of 10 and 40 that excludes 9 between them? I thought something like 10;!9;40::30

And it's possible to make search values in the same address? For example

An address have dword 93 and this same address have qword 29 Word 323 double 10 and float 1,399

So i want to a result that shows a adress that contains 93D 29Q, 323W 10E 1,399F these values all in the same address, not split into other address, all in one place.

It's possible?

2 answers to this question

For first quesiton use gg.refineNumber("10;40", gg.TYPE_DWORD) or use gg.refineNumber("9", gg.TYPE_DWORD, gg.SIGN_NOT_EQUAL)

For second question you can use something like that
gg.searchNumber("93", gg.TYPE_DWORD)
local res = gg.getResults(gg.getResultsCount())
for i, v in ipairs(res) do
res[i] = { address = v.address + 0x0, flags = gg.TYPE_QWORD }
end
gg.loadResults(res)

On 7/20/2024 at 11:38 AM, LightWarrior said:

How can i make a group search of 10 and 40 that excludes 9 between them?

With group search only it can be done if offset between first and second searched value is known beforehand. For your example and assuming all values that need to be included/excluded are dwords, offset between first and second value is 28 (0x1C), so there are exactly 6 dword values between them and each of them needs to be not equal to 9, which can be specified as "8~~10". So the string for group search for this case is "10;8~~10;8~~10;8~~10;8~~10;8~~10;8~~10;40::29". Then you can refine with "10;40::29" to get target results (but if any of values in between is 10 or 40, they will be included as well).