Finding a specific value using a string

Kingofslavs

Question

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, Kingofslavs said:

I wanted to find a value by its string, but this string contains several values, how can I find the value I need?

The value is 18 bytes away from your pointer ? In games that aren't Unity i would advice to use the pointer that is at the start of the allocated block. Not the one that is at the middle of the block because they are used a lot by the game, and that's perhaps why you get a lot of results. But the pointer at the start of the block of where your value of interest is located usually only has pointers relevant to that block it's located in. 

This is not accurate i think but for me to decide start of the block of which your value of interest is located i perform pointer search with a offset of 200~800 bytes but it can usually be more. The size of the block can be 3k bytes or more.

Then the values that point the most to one address "but" is the nearest to your value should be start of the block. And it needs to be a pointer that directly points to your executable. Make sure it's not a purple one. Then from there do as you did and go to the pointer. 

This could be a approach. 

Edited by nok1a
Spelling/grammar