Why you need edit values with assembly language??

kalibro

Question

Hi this is very important question for me because im new at this type of thing.

For example you can just edit for coins 9999

Or you can edit for coin like A8 ~ Mov blablabla and thing 

Can somebody explain the point why you need edit values with assembly codes, because i dont get it, thanks

2 answers to this question

21 hours ago, kalibro said:

Hi this is very important question for me because im new at this type of thing.

For example you can just edit for coins 9999

Or you can edit for coin like A8 ~ Mov blablabla and thing 

Can somebody explain the point why you need edit values with assembly codes, because i dont get it, thanks

Why? I guess it's more about which approach is more convenient depending on what your cheating and how the cheat works. Editing the executable's is in general more convenient because it is faster and the effect remains regardless of the in game conditions.

For example if you want to cheat currencies you would prefer doing it by editing the executable instead of looking for the value using group searches in A/Ca because coins is something you always want to have max. same for Ammo or Health, it wouldn't be convenient to search such values in region A/Ca each time you enter a new match or something like that. Those are features that are convenient to edit from the executable because you want that the edited values remain.

Hi @kalibro, Memory is consist of Low-Level Language called Assembly. Assembly is Universal Language every computers runs on, well it is slightly different device to device depends on the Architecture or Hardware it's on. For example: if you open the Game Guardian Memory Viewer it will shows you the Live Instruction that currently runs on the Game/App Process. You will look that the instruction is based on Assembly (mov, addr, push, etc) it is not in C, Python, C#, C++, Golang language format.

[ Languages ]
All Languages like C and others, will convert your written codes into Low-Level Language (Assembly) wether it is Compiled or Translated. You can use sites like GodBolt.

C codes:
int power(){
    return True;
}

C compiled:
mov     w0, 1
ret

- ret is indication of End of Function or syntax }) in C
- in C, true is stated as int (integer) meanwhile mov can conform any values, thus true has 1 int value in Assembly.

Archived