How to check if a file exist at a directory?

RevealedSoulEven

Question

I'm creating a password session that is automatically saved in the internal storage. So that the users don't have to put it again.

Once it's created I can check the password. I did that.

But the thing is if the file doesn't existed there then how to verify? If the file is present in the storage or not?

4 answers to this question

Just now, CmP said:

function file_exists(name)
   local f=io.open(name,"r")
   if f~=nil then io.close(f) return true else return false end
end

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/499160

Thank you for your help sir... But I've already saw that on stackoverflow and it's not working with GG. Because it doesn't return nil instead it returns something else. Randomly so.. we can't

1 minute ago, RevealedSoulEven said:

Because it doesn't return nil instead it returns something else. Randomly so.. we can't

Provide an example of what "io.open" function returns for existing file and non-existing one. You can use the following code for this: 

local path = "/path/to/a/file"
print(io.open(path, "r"))

2 minutes ago, CmP said:

Provide an example of what "io.open" function returns for existing file and non-existing one. You can use the following code for this: 

Thank you sir I'll try

[added 2 minutes later]
4 minutes ago, CmP said:

Yes sir that's working. Thank you

Archived