Lua Menu Question

Maddin

Question

Hello,

I would like to make a menu including submenus.

I know the function
Function Main()
If menu == 1 then Submenu()

and so on...

But what I want to do is for example

I have a table with all characters incl. their values I need
local characters = {
    {sname = "bunny", name = "bunny rabbit", size = 4, size2 = 8, size3 = 9},
    {sname = "mouse", name = "Micky Mouse", size = 1, size2 = 12, size3 = 22},
    {sname = "cow", name = "the cow", size = 30, size2 = 33, size3 = 423},
    {sname = "boy", name = "a friend", size = 44, size2 = 55, size3 = 666}
}

as main menu - "character selection"
   -> below it the submenu - "Initial letter A
   -> below that the submenu - "Initial letter B"
        -> -> below that all characters starting with the letter B should appear and be selectable. So "bunny" and "boy

But I don't want to program every single submenu with function bunny() or function boy().

Is there a way to automatically create the submenus based on the table and make them selectable. The value should then simply be written to a variable provided for this purpose.

The problem is that the table is constantly growing, so I would have to add each time a submenu by hand.

5 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Maddin said:

as main menu - "character selection"
   -> below it the submenu - "Initial letter A
   -> below that the submenu - "Initial letter B"
        -> -> below that all characters starting with the letter B should appear and be selectable. So "bunny" and "boy

I want to help you but i dont really understant this part can you explain more ?

Sorry a lot, my English is not the best.

OK, so what I mean by that is.

In a table I have all my characters with the values I want to change with Gameguardian. This table is constantly expanding with new characters.

Now it would be so that I have in the main menu e.g. the alphabet (this makes sense with 300 and more characters). If I click there e.g. on the letter B, then as a submenu all characters are to be shown which begin with the letter B.

As an example:
Main menu = A, B, C, ..., X, Y, Z
if I now click on B, then all characters from the local character ={} should appear that start with B, in this simple example that would be "bunny" and "boy".
If I click now e.g. "bunny", then e.g. a function - function incrementsize() should be activated. But before that the value "size" which is also stored in the table must be stored in a variable, or can this value be passed directly into this function by calling the function e.g. function incrementsize(size=4).

It is important, if a new character with B comes into play - e.g. "bobbybrown" that this appears automatically in the submenu to the main menu - B and not a function function bobbybrown() must be written.

I hope I could explain this with my English now so far, so that it is understandable what I mean. If not, then please ask again.

Sorry for late i understand more and i think i have better idea for you my concept is to create a table for each character this table will contain all needed data for this character and perform the hack, i think this will be more easy to add new characters in the futures it doesn't require a lot of edit

Sorry for late i understand more and i think i have better idea for you my concept is to create a table for each character this table will contain all needed data for this character and perform the hack, i think this will be more easy to add new characters in the futures it doesn't require a lot of edit

[added 1 minute later]

I tried to make this tell me if it match to your concept 

template.lua

Archived