is freedom stealing data?

harryk

I just checked my data usage. Freedom used about 10 GB in a month, most of which is background data. I froze freedom yesterday, and haven't used it since. It makes me wonder, is the cost of freedom a lot more than we bargained for?

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, it was some blog. I would have installed the one available for download here, but freedom updated itself, and I figured the update would be authentic. Is 14.4 mb your Mobile data usage or WiFi data usage?

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, it was some blog. I would have installed the one available for download here, but freedom updated itself, and I figured the update would be authentic. Is 14.4 mb your Mobile data usage or WiFi data usage?

wi-fi

• Administrators

I suspect I know what it is. It could be that the app is being 'run' through freedom. If you are on online games a lot, that could be the culprate. Uninstall and reinstall from my file (official from website), and have a peace of mind though.

They Dont Steal data....Just Download The app from Official Blog...and remember To close Freedom when You Are Not Playing games....But I sill prefer to Use GG

I installed the version from gg forum. I haven't checked the data consumption yet. If only android could distinguish between internet data usage and loopback ( which I think is what freedom uses to spoof purchases).

Sent from my GT-I9300

• 4 weeks later...

After about a month, the version from the forum used only 333MB, which is most probably loopback traffic. I guess this should serve as a warning. Be especially careful about where you get root applications from.

Sent from my GT-I9300