Couple of suggestions

Greystroke

Couldn't find a place to put suggestions so this seemed like the spot. Not sure if it would be possible but it would quite handy to be able to select data types that you want to search at the time of searching. The radio button is great but if I know the value I want isn't going to be a float, double or byte (for example), being able to deselect those from the search would make it easier to sift through the results.

Also with floats (and double I guess), would it be possible to add an option for exact match or something similar (I realize this may not be possible with the way floating point numbers are stored). Returning half a million 0.5 when I'm looking for 1.0 isn't terribly helpful. I know we can filter but I feel like more data is missed than found when using it.

Finally the last one is more of a bug. Canceling a search seems to leave it running in the background so when another search is run straight afterwards, no results seem to be found even when clearing the last search.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Greystroke said:

The radio button is great but if I know the value I want isn't going to be a float, double or byte (for example), being able to deselect those from the search would make it easier to sift through the results.

We have some plans about this.

55 minutes ago, Greystroke said:

Also with floats (and double I guess), would it be possible to add an option for exact match or something similar

If you search with Auto then can be found round values. But if you search exact double or float then match only exact values.

56 minutes ago, Greystroke said:

Finally the last one is more of a bug. Canceling a search seems to leave it running in the background so when another search is run straight afterwards, no results seem to be found even when clearing the last search.

Known issue. Cancel search intendent for force stop entire app, not for stop search itself. Resolve this issue can slow down search.

Archived