Really noob questions

raju674

Question

Hello, i've been using GG since it came out. I can do basic value searches but all this new hacks/lua scripts, it contains -2;100;0::9, the problem is I dont know how the script creators found this values and what "-" , ":' , ";" these symbols stand for. If someone can explain and link me all tutorials briefly because i watched some tutorials on youtube but they dont explain why these symbols are used and how they determined these values to be used.

Also, I can find pointers with cheat engine and stuff, but i'd like to learn how to find pointers and offsets in GG.

3 answers to this question

Pointers are quite easy to find in game guardian, a pointer is just a 4 bytes "adress" (4 adresses to be precise, because I think it is always a Dword, so 4 bytes) containing an adress in fact. A new button appeared on GG some monthes ago to find them, but i'll just tell you how you can find a pointer with or without that button (the button is quicker to use now, but it does exactly the same thing I explain in first part, and like this I hope you'll really understand):

-"Old technique": You simply copy the adress of the value you want to find a pointer for, and then you search the adress you copied.(search for Dword and don't forget to add the 'h' at the end because when you copy adress it is in hexadecimal). The result(s) are/is most likely (a) pointer(s) to the value.

However, most of the time your value (money, gems, etc..) is not directly pointed, but is in a structure. So you have to find the pointer to the structure in fact. All structures are pointed to their first value I think, so to do that, you have to find the pointer of the first adress of the structure, which you can sometimes find easily because before it there could be a lot of zeroes or because you find out that the same structure is repeated so you could see where it starts.

If you don't want to mess up finding the start of the structure, you can begin like in the first part to find a pointer to your adress, but instead of just searching for the adress itself, you search for a range of adresses before your initial adress which you think could contain the start of the structure. Example: money is at 6B6B6E58h, you can search for 6B6B6E58-20~6B6B6E58, equals to 6B6B6E4E~6B6B6E63 (range of 20 adresses before the initial adress, including the initial adress itself)

-"New technique": find your value, then long tap on it, and tap on "pointer search". Here you can let 0 to find a pointer to only the adress itself, or you can find a pointer to adresses in a range of 20 before your initial adress(+initial adress itself) for example, by putting 20d (decimal) (=exactly what we did before, without the button).

I hope it helped, ask if you do not understand something.

On 1/4/2018 at 7:51 PM, EliudRm said:

Hello @raju674. The creators of the scripts investigate until they find the value they want to modify, and to find the exact value they use some adjacent values or that are in the same list of the memory editor, (they never change). For this they use the symbols "-" "." ";" ":" "::", which are used to:

(-).- Change a number to negative

(.).- Is used to make more specific searches in 'float' or 'double'.

Example:

• Simple search: Suppose 
    that the money in 
    game is in 'Double' or 
    'Float'. The money is: 177 
    then you should do a 
    search by placing 177

• Specific search: In a 
    game there are 
    purchases with, money 
    real. which often 
    appears:
    $ 0.99, $ 1.99, $ 79.69, etc.
    This is where they use 
    the points, then 
    you will search  
    placing 79.69

(;).- It is used to do group searches.

Example: Go to the shop. 
 And to buy 1000 gold you 
 must spend 10 gems. 
 Then you do a search 
 group by placing '1000;10:5'. You too  can also change  the search  range  which is '5'.

(:).- It is used to do a 'disorderly' group search: I mean that values can change position. In the previous example '1000;10', when I say that they can change position, I mean that 10 can go first than 1000 (10;1000)

( :: ).- It is used to do 'ordered' group searches: In the previous example the values could change position. If you put "::" they will not change.

To find pointers I still do not know exactly.

Perfect, thanks for the detailed answer. 

Hello @raju674. The creators of the scripts investigate until they find the value they want to modify, and to find the exact value they use some adjacent values or that are in the same list of the memory editor, (they never change). For this they use the symbols "-" "." ";" ":" "::", which are used to:

(-).- Change a number to negative

(.).- Is used to make more specific searches in 'float' or 'double'.

Example:

• Simple search: Suppose 
    that the money in 
    game is in 'Double' or 
    'Float'. The money is: 177 
    then you should do a 
    search by placing 177

• Specific search: In a 
    game there are 
    purchases with, money 
    real. which often 
    appears:
    $ 0.99, $ 1.99, $ 79.69, etc.
    This is where they use 
    the points, then 
    you will search  
    placing 79.69

(;).- It is used to do group searches.

Example: Go to the shop. 
 And to buy 1000 gold you 
 must spend 10 gems. 
 Then you do a search 
 group by placing '1000;10:5'. You too  can also change  the search  range  which is '5'.

(:).- It is used to do a 'disorderly' group search: I mean that values can change position. In the previous example '1000;10', when I say that they can change position, I mean that 10 can go first than 1000 (10;1000)

( :: ).- It is used to do 'ordered' group searches: In the previous example the values could change position. If you put "::" they will not change.

To find pointers I still do not know exactly.

Archived