What GG dependencies / Services are needed to run on Note 5?

imattv5

I recently removed Samsung bloatware using Package Disabler, and then rooted / froze additional services with Titanium Backup, and GG now crashes.

I'm sure the crashes are caused by one or two frozen services, and was wondering if anyone can name a few? I had GG up and running on stock before I did anything, and am restoring back to stock again to see if it indeed still works. I will update this thread within an hour, but I can guarantee that it will work.

Always ran stock 5.1.1, but when I rooted, I ran StockyMod which deodexed the rom and removed some samsung / microsoft bloatware (apk's only), and then like I said, used titanium to remove some services.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE 1:

Flashed back to stock 5.1.1 using Samsung Kies, rooted, flashed Philz recovery, and sure enough, GG works!

NOW.. Because I hate all of the Samsung bloatware, i'm gonna freeze and remove each apk and service figure out which service/s caused the crash! I will update this thread accordingly.

UPDATE 2:

Just flashed StockyMod (note: this is not a rom, but instead a series of scripts that enable / disable preinstalled samsung/microsoft/google/misc bloatware, including only applications).

I removed pretty much every single Samsung / Google / Microsoft apk except for Maps, Youtube, Samsung Account/App Store, Voice Recorder, Play Store.

GG still opens.

My next step is to freeze services via TitaniumBackup. It looks like one of the services I froze will most likely be the culprit.

UPDATE 3:

GG Still opens. So far the following services are not causing a GG crash:

ANT+DUT, BeaconManager, Briefing, Camera Test, CarmodeStub, Galaxy Apps, Galaxy Apps Widgets, Gear VR Service, Gear VR SetupWizardStub, Gear VR Shell, Highlight video player, Launcher (stock launcher -- I use an alternative), Messages (stock messaging app -- I use an alternative), My interests, My Places, MyBell (a Bell app), Nfc Services, Push To Talk (a Bell app), S Beam, S Finder, S Voice, Samsung In-App Purchase, TouchWiz easy home, TouchWiz home, Tunes & Apps (a Bell app), TV (a Bell app), Voice wake-up, withTV.

16 minutes ago, Enyby said:

Nothing special. But your firmware can have strange dependences for usual things.

Yea I figured, but I just wanted to make this thread, in case anyone else with a samsung device who also removed bloatware and is seeing a GG crash can have some what of a reference. 

I have the same device running Venon 1.4 and app crashes. Maybe restoring the stock ROM and rooting it with a custom kernel may fix that...

Thanks for making this thread

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Luiso said:

I have the same device running Venon 1.4 and app crashes. Maybe restoring the stock ROM and rooting it with a custom kernel may fix that...

Thanks for making this thread

If you have xposed it can be cause of crash. Remove it if present.

Archived