how to use  gg.internal3()

starkshadow

Question

6 answers to this question

I think this is a check of argument type, if it integer is true, if not then an error.

print(gg.internal3(0))
--> true

print(gg.internal3(0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF))
--> true

print(gg.internal3(2023))
--> true

print(gg.internal3(Zanzibar))
--> Error
--> ..
--> `print(gg.internal3(Zanzibar))`
--> bad argument #1: nil: int expected, got nil (field 'internal3')
--> ..

This function has been later made available as part of GG public APIsearchPointer. "gg.internal3" and "gg.searchPointer" are exactly the same function, it's just that it was first an experiment, so started as internal function. By the time of last update of chainer script, "searchPointer" function hasn't existed yet, that's why it isn't used there.

I recommend you to grab jadx (or other similar tool) and check how those functions are implemented in GG. There you will also find confirmation that "gg.internal3" and "gg.searchPointer" do exactly the same. If there will be difficulties, ask here or in new topic.

15 hours ago, CmP said:

I recommend you to grab jadx (or other similar tool)

Thanks for the advice, but dealing with decompiled programs is not my thing.
It's easier for me to look at errors when running scripts. 😀

gg.internal1(1122)
results like execute gg.searchNumber(':1122',, gg.TYPE_BYTE, false, gg.SIGN_EQUAL, 0, -1, 0)

gg.internal1(0xFFFF)
results like execute gg.searchNumber(':65536',, gg.TYPE_BYTE, false, gg.SIGN_EQUAL, 0, -1, 0)

gg.internal1('qwerty')
results like execute gg.searchNumber(':qwerty',, gg.TYPE_BYTE, false, gg.SIGN_EQUAL, 0, -1, 0)

gg.internal1(qwerty))
Error ..`
bad argument #1: nil: string expected, got nil (field 'internal1')

gg.internal2()
Error...
bad argument #1 to 'gg.internal2' (no value: closure expected, got nil) (field 'internal2')
gg.internal2(100)
Error...
bad argument #1 to 'gg.internal2' (number: closure expected, got number) (field 'internal2')
gg.internal2(nil)
Error...
bad argument #1 to 'gg.internal2' (nil: closure expected, got nil) (field 'internal2')
gg.internal3(true)
Error...
bad argument #1: boolean: int expected, got boolean (field 'internal3')
gg.internal2('qwerty')
Error...
bad argument #1 to 'gg.internal2' (string: closure expected, got string) (field 'internal2')

On 11/4/2023 at 3:28 AM, CmP said:

This function has been later made available as part of GG public APIsearchPointer. "gg.internal3" and "gg.searchPointer" are exactly the same function, it's just that it was first an experiment, so started as internal function. By the time of last update of chainer script, "searchPointer" function hasn't existed yet, that's why it isn't used there.

ditto, "gg.internal3" and "gg.searchPointer" are exactly the same function.