Encrypted files within .obb

androidspore

I was looking and messing around with files within .obb archives that some games have. I came across one where all the files within had "dt" appended to the end of the file extension. For example all .png files were .pngdt, .txt files were .txtdt and so on. The audio files however were not altered with "dt".

I have tried removing the "dt" part, so .pngdt becomes .png, but the file doesn't open. Also tried opening it as an archive file but didn't work either.

Does anyone know how to open/access these files? They must be accesible somehow as android has to use them within the app for drawing the backgrounds, characters etc.

It was a game called Paramon. All the fles within the .obb file have the 'dt' extension except for the audio files, a jar file in th main directory and three .db files.

What would be the best place to find how the game decrypts it? The smali code?

It was a game called Paramon. All the fles within the .obb file have the 'dt' extension except for the audio files, a jar file in th main directory and three .db files.

What would be the best place to find how the game decrypts it? The smali code?

Start here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1053227

and post there if you need help.

Thanks for the tip.

I've been playing around with the Jar file (well the classes.dex file within) instead since that seems to contain all the relevant core commands. The 'encrypted'/obscured files look mainly like graphics and other visual bits.

Archived