Can you play an older version of a game?

qKing

Question

Is it possible to modify a game so it can accept the current app version whitout asking for update? I want to hack a game and most of its hacking features are patched, can i modify an older version to bypass the update notify?

4 answers to this question

On 10/19/2022 at 1:30 PM, qKing said:

Is it possible to modify a game so it can accept the current app version whitout asking for update? I want to hack a game and most of its hacking features are patched, can i modify an older version to bypass the update notify?

Hi! certainly you can remove the update message on older version. To do this; you need to modify the game Library and do some Hex-Patching. Here's how to do it:

• - Use IDA Pro; it's a paid software, you can find cracked version of IDA for free use.
  • - Inside IDA Pro: Find 'SEND' function
  • - Highlight the instruction (ADRL-LDR)
  • - Goto Hex View and copy the Hex
  • - Open the Library on HxD
  • - Find the Copied Hex inside Hex Search
  • - Change it to below
[Thumb Instruction]
00 46 70 47

[Arm Instruction]
00 00 A0 E1 1E FF 2F E1
  • - To save it: Simply CTRL+S and put the modified library into your Game Apk (Libs/armeabi-v7a/) or /data/app/[Your.Game.Name]/armeabi-v7a/

References

48 minutes ago, MainC said:

Hi! certainly you can remove the update message on older version. To do this; you need to modify the game Library and do some Hex-Patching. Here's how to do it:

• - Use IDA Pro; it's a paid software, you can find cracked version of IDA for free use.
  • - Inside IDA Pro; go to 'New' and find your Game Library.
  • - To get Game Library, you can download the apk first and open it as zip using archive tools ( WinzipWinRar7-zip ) or if you have the game Installed; check at /data/app/[your.game.name]/libs/armeabi-v7a/yourlib.so
  • - Navigate into 'Libs' folder -> Architecture folder (Recommended: Armeabi-v7a/Arm64) -> Your game Lib).
  • - Select the Main Lib that the game use (Example: Libil2pp.so / LibUE4.so). If you didn't know, then you need to redo all the step for each library.
  • - Select processor type as: Arm Little-endian [ARM]
  • - Select: Fill segment gaps, Load resources, Manual load
  • - Select 'OK' on any window
  • - In the Left Function Window: do CTRL+F and find 'SEND' function.
  • - Hold left click and highlight both ADRL and LDR. If it's 4-bytes (50 FF BC E5) then it's a Thumb, other than that: use Arm Instruction.
  • - Switch to Hex-View and copy (CTRL+C) the Highlighted Hex Array (Colored with Green)
  • - Use HxD and goto File > Open > Your Game Library.
  • - Now do CTRL+F again and select Hex-values window.
  • - Paste the Hex Array you got from IDA Pro, It's should be highlighted as Blue.
  • - Now Copy this Instruction (Adjust accordingly)
[Thumb Instruction]
00 46 70 47

[Arm Instruction]
00 00 A0 E1 1E FF 2F E1
  • - Go back to HxD and Paste the instruction Above.
  • - To save it: Simply CTRL+S and put the modified library into your Game Apk (Libs/armeabi-v7a/) or /data/app/[Your.Game.Name]/armeabi-v7a/

References

Ty for your answer it will be helpfull, but im new at doing this and it seems kinda hard at first look, do u know if there is a kind of tutorial or video to have as example, maybe?

On 10/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, qKing said:

Ty for your answer it will be helpfull, but im new at doing this and it seems kinda hard at first look, do u know if there is a kind of tutorial or video to have as example, maybe?

Hi! Here's a quick tutorial for IDA Pro:
*Ignore the music, I forgot to turn it off.

On 10/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, MainC said:

Hi! Here's a quick tutorial for IDA Pro:
*Ignore the music, I forgot to turn it off.

ty for your video, seems easy at first, but i tried on app and i cant do it, or im too bad, can you if you are free 2 mins to see if u can do on this game version ? https://apkfun.com/down_60-Seconds-Hero-Idle-RPG.21459204.html

i want to hack some things for this game, most of the things are patched in latest version, but i wanna try to see if older version works or not

Archived