Some questions - New to GG

Loginphp

Question

Hey GG community!

I'm new here on the forum and I am so happy to be here 🙂 I didn't realize there was so much support for android/GG. I have only done hacking on a PC using Cheat Engine and working with network packets.

I'm just starting to learn about GG and I still have so much to learn about how the search even works. I remember seeing Mr Dragon using the search feature and i'm really impressed with GG because of his examples. I think before I get too deep into GG I need to first learn how the search engine even works and methods to use. I know there is a HELP button in GG, but I learn more by examples and explanations of those examples.

To begin though, I just have a couple questions.

1) How does group search work exactly? Is there a tutorial on group search? The way I see it is, a group search is basically finding a certain structure of static addreses that (almost) never change. Once you find that group, then you don't have to keep finding it all over again, instead you just search that group and you can go straight to that part of the memory. Does that sound right?

2) I understand things are very different on GG/Android as opposed to Cheat Engine/PC. However, Cheat Engine has a feature that lets you go to a pointer and "find out what writes to this address". Is there any way to find out what addresses write to a specific pointer?

3) Is there a way I can see the Assembly code better? I understand how the code works better than just dealing with addresses. What if I want to insert a simple NOP code somewhere? For example, I found a way to zoom on my scope in a FPS, but simply locking the address just makes the zoom shake because it keeps trying to revert back to normal since I have it locked. Whereas, if I can see the assembly code I can just NOP the pointer or some other address, then the value wouldn't keep trying to revert. CE has a disassembler window, something like this https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=16634

I don't do scripting because I'm not that advanced. I will however learn to do it later.

What is my goal? I ultimately want to find a way to search pointers that will call up an address for me so I don't have to keep finding the address over and over again. I heard that's not possible with GG, unless you script. My other goal is like mentioned before, having a way to "find out what writes to this pointer" to be able to scan for addresses much easier.

Thanks! I'll be looking around here some more.

1 answer to this question

On 12/6/2021 at 10:16 PM, Loginphp said:

I remember seeing Mr Dragon using the search feature and i'm really impressed with GG because of his examples.

Hey Loginphp and welcome to the forum.
Honestly i did not saw your message until now, must have been approved recently. Glad that the videos are of use 🙂

1) How does group search work exactly? Is there a tutorial on group search? The way I see it is, a group search is basically finding a certain structure of static addreses that (almost) never change. Once you find that group, then you don't have to keep finding it all over again, instead you just search that group and you can go straight to that part of the memory. Does that sound right?

Group search makes it efficient for you to find again what your looking for without the need of using unknown search all over again.
You can do two kind of group searches. normal group search and ordered.

Normal group search: Values won't be searched as a particular structure or as it says it is not ordered. It just take every value it finds in its range, regardless of the order your searching in.
Ordered group search: will only search for values which equals the order your searching in. Ordered group search is what you should use during group searches.

2) I understand things are very different on GG/Android as opposed to Cheat Engine/PC. However, Cheat Engine has a feature that lets you go to a pointer and "find out what writes to this address". Is there any way to find out what addresses write to a specific pointer?

Most likely there is a way. Perhaps someone knows.

3) Is there a way I can see the Assembly code better? I understand how the code works better than just dealing with addresses. What if I want to insert a simple NOP code somewhere? For example, I found a way to zoom on my scope in a FPS, but simply locking the address just makes the zoom shake because it keeps trying to revert back to normal since I have it locked. Whereas, if I can see the assembly code I can just NOP the pointer or some other address, then the value wouldn't keep trying to revert. CE has a disassembler window, something like this https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=16634

I'm not sure if you can do such thing as zoom hack with assembly. I mean, isn't that a void function. Closest you can get it  is either dumping the game and using Ghidra or IDA and HxD to read and apply needed modification. And use GG's value formats to read regions Xa, Cb, Cd or Ps.image.thumb.png.8f9f250e369445c57d5ad1a7d5f80cd6.pngimage.thumb.png.2607fd3eb1ac6bc3f4f6839d1e24ce96.png

Archived