Modifying Code Section of App Keeps Reverting

AquilaK

Question

So I'm messing with an application that has encryption (I've already dumped the game files and found a section of code I want to modify) but when I go to change the address value it reverts to what it was before hand.  I believe it appears to be a memory protection which is understandable, what I don't get is why the "Freeze" value does not appear to keep writing the value to that address?  It appears as though it allows the protection on the app to revert the value within half a second, is there some sort of solution around this?

8 answers to this question

On 1/31/2020 at 6:14 AM, NoFear said:

Oh? This is the only game? Which game? Two times I've seen this was due to device. Never seen an app or game revert xa range. The other time is if the pid is being debugged. Then it cannot be edited. Game have another process attached?

Random Dice, was fine before v3.0.0 because they didn't have LIAPP.  It seems like there is a process of itself attached, I see a # before the PID and a ! before the PID on a smaller memory sized one.  Would I have to figure out a way to prevent that debugger being attached to it or is there some alternative way around this?

• Moderators
17 hours ago, AquilaK said:

Random Dice, was fine before v3.0.0 because they didn't have LIAPP.  It seems like there is a process of itself attached, I see a # before the PID and a ! before the PID on a smaller memory sized one.  Would I have to figure out a way to prevent that debugger being attached to it or is there some alternative way around this?

Gg has feature to help prevent that from occurring.  System level patch. But, some games might not launch when enabled.

Edit: I imagine it is the il2cpp offset you want to edit. I think that process that's attached isn't effecting me...  Could be wrong.

10 hours ago, NoFear said:

Gg has feature to help prevent that from occurring.  System level patch. But, some games might not launch when enabled.

Edit: I imagine it is the il2cpp offset you want to edit. I think that process that's attached isn't effecting me...  Could be wrong.

Eh, I found alternative ways to edit the "ObscuredInt" value.

7 minutes ago, NoFear said:

You have Huawei device...?

ROG Phone, before they added encryption I was able to modify things just fine and it stuck...  Now it only flashes for less than a second and goes back to it's original value.  I should note I'm modifying Xa memory sections.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AquilaK said:

ROG Phone, before they added encryption I was able to modify things just fine and it stuck...  Now it only flashes for less than a second and goes back to it's original value.  I should note I'm modifying Xa memory sections.

I know it was Xa range. Not sure if changes with gg can help. Might be device related issue.

1 hour ago, NoFear said:

I know it was Xa range. Not sure if changes with gg can help. Might be device related issue.

Not sure how it would be a device issue when I've been able to do it on the same device with no issue prior to the game adding LIAPP.  Not to mention I can modify any other app.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AquilaK said:

Not sure how it would be a device issue when I've been able to do it on the same device with no issue prior to the game adding LIAPP.  Not to mention I can modify any other app.

Oh? This is the only game? Which game? Two times I've seen this was due to device. Never seen an app or game revert xa range. The other time is if the pid is being debugged. Then it cannot be edited. Game have another process attached?

Archived