How to find the address to edit with scripts?

ZackLK

Question

I'm very new, and sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.

The address that store the value that I want to edit is different every time. I'm able to find it out by changing the value in game and searching it in GG. However, it there a way to write a script which find the address and edit it every new game?

In details: 

I have read through a few posts and watched tutorial videos about writing scripts for GG. I think I understand the basic, but then I have some questions.

Let's say MONEY is 33. I think I know how to write a script to just search for the value 33. But it still needs to be searched for a few times with a few changes with the value in game to find out the right address, I guess?

So...is it possible to write a "universal" script that works for my game's MONEY no matter what the new address and new value are?

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, DESYROLLERSE said:

What is your game called?

Thanks for replying. Its called Cubie Adventure. When the players enter the level, there is a meter. I want to edit the value of the meter automatically every time I enter a new level.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:15 PM, ZackLK said:

I'm very new, and sorry if I'm asking a stupid question.

The address that store the value that I want to edit is different every time. I'm able to find it out by changing the value in game and searching it in GG. However, it there a way to write a script which find the address and edit it every new game?

In details: 

I have read through a few posts and watched tutorial videos about writing scripts for GG. I think I understand the basic, but then I have some questions.

Let's say MONEY is 33. I think I know how to write a script to just search for the value 33. But it still needs to be searched for a few times with a few changes with the value in game to find out the right address, I guess?

So...is it possible to write a "universal" script that works for my game's MONEY no matter what the new address and new value are?

You can use gg.prompt for input your value or use grup value for find address

Archived