Help disabling freecore on freedom

PlsHelpMe

Hi, I posted this on xda developers' website but they didn't take it too well :( so I'm hoping you guys could help me? I'll just copy my post from xda developersI was trying to get freedom to work on into the dead, so I followed a tutorial on YouTube which told me to add a hashtag on the second line of my hosts file but I still got the 'error no connection' notification. Then I tried enabling freecore, and it still didn't work. So I downloaded this installer 'Google Play Store 4.0.26 + Installer Cracked 1.1.2 Mod By Chelpus'. After that I was able to get the free in-app purchases, but now whenever I try to disable freecore it says 'freecore isn't available on your system' and the checkbox remains ticked. I don't know what freecore is so I'm not sure if I should just reinstall freedom. Can someone help me? I also have adaway installed if it's relevant. Thanks in advance!