Get process size

HorridModz

Question

Hi, I have a hex patch that must be run when the game's process size is before approximately 450 MB. After this point, the game has gotten to the point in its initialization where the function I am patching has already been called. So, if you patch it when the game's process size is over around 450 MB, it will not work.

I'm trying to write a script to do this patch. I want the script to detect if the game's process size is below 450 MB, and if not, tell the user to restart the game. However, I couldn't find anything for this in gg.getTargetInfo() or any other functions. So, I'm stumped on how to do this.

I've given up with gameguardian and, as a workaround I'm now just trying to locate some kind of value in memory or function in the game that can give me a hint on the process size or initialization progress. My best guess right now is to see how much the game has loaded by finding the function that reports the % loaded.

Is there any way to do this natively in gameguardian? Or is there any easy workaround I can use? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, HorridModz said:

Hi, I have a hex patch that must be run when the game's process size is before approximately 450 MB. After this point, the game has gotten to the point in its initialization where the function I am patching has already been called. So, if you patch it when the game's process size is over around 450 MB, it will not work.

I'm trying to write a script to do this patch. I want the script to detect if the game's process size is below 450 MB, and if not, tell the user to restart the game. However, I couldn't find anything for this in gg.getTargetInfo() or any other functions. So, I'm stumped on how to do this.

I've given up with gameguardian and, as a workaround I'm now just trying to locate some kind of value in memory or function in the game that can give me a hint on the process size or initialization progress. My best guess right now is to see how much the game has loaded by finding the function that reports the % loaded.

Is there any way to do this natively in gameguardian? Or is there any easy workaround I can use? Thanks!

I'm wondering if there's some way to do it by seeing the highest address in the game. Like if I can somehow find the base address of the game, then I do an address search for base address + 0x1AD27480 (450000000) - equivalent to 450 million, or 450 mb. Then if the search comes up with a result, game process size is at least 450 MB. Could that work?

13 hours ago, HorridModz said:

maybe just get range lists , first results start address,  and last index end adress and subtract...  idk if this would work how you want though not sure if this would account for propagated data when game is loading...