Is it possible to track the parameter?

Adamka

Question

Hi all. One game came out and I'm trying to hack it, but to my surprise, nothing works.
I'm new to the GG topic. I understand that you can’t change the game currency, so I’m trying to edit store prices, let’s say an item costs 375 gold, I step by step edit all the values except word, byte and xor, but nothing happens. I tried to look for hidden meanings, since I had a guess that instead of the real prices of the store there is a jpeg. Same problem.
Now the essence of the question: Is it possible to track the parameter that affects the change in my wallet in the game? Let's say I bought something, how can I track the parameter that changed my balance?

123.jpg

5 answers to this question

First of all, I wanna know what game this is that you are trying to hack

Second of all, I highly doubt they would keep shop prices stored locally while having each player's balance stored online, on servers

And lastly, if you want to see what writes/causes a change in a value, you can use lldb or gdb in Termux and type in a command

for lldb - wa s e -s [size in bytes of the value] -w write -- 0x[hex value of the address]

for gdb - watch 0x[hex value of the address]

But I highly doubt that would help you since that doesn't work for many games as they use all sorts of protection against debugging including ptrace protection which completely disables debugging AND even if you get a hit somewhere it wouldn't lead you anywhere since the value was edited locally only AFTER it was edited on servers.

[ @Adamka ]
---
Since it is likely that the values are stored on server, you can try to use their API and send some custom request to add your balance, instead of editing it locally. You can setup some custom MITM proxy or use Network Capture app to see transaction between game and server. You can use: Reqable it is available on both Windows and Android. 
---
*Doing SSL Unpinning is recommended.

2 hours ago, Adamka said:

This is war thunder mobile. I realized that I probably won't do anything about it, but thanks anyway.

All G. Ur welcome.

2 часа назад, Kiynox сказал:

[@Адамка ]
---
Поскольку вполне вероятно, что значения хранятся на сервере, вы можете попробовать использовать их < a i=3>API и отправьте специальный запрос на добавление баланса вместо того, чтобы редактировать его локально. Вы можете настроить собственный прокси-сервер MITM или использовать приложение Network Capture, чтобы отслеживать транзакции между игрой и сервером. Вы можете использовать: Reqable он доступен как для Windows, так и для Android. ---*Рекомендуется открепить SSL.

But in order to track transactions, I first need to complete them in order to know what to catch?))
Reqable goes far beyond the limits of my skills. I was just hacking small games, do you think it's time to expand my knowledge and move on to more complex tools?XD

Edited by Adamka