heating gaming question..

Hey guys, I have a mini PC that doesn't have a fan but it claims to have some sort of cooling mechanism and so far its been pretty effective.

My little brother can play roblox for like an

hour or 2 and using hwmoniter i'll see that it stays at around 47.2 (C/ 117f) seemingly for as long as he'll play it for,

which isn't bad at all but I use it for playing games like silent hill,

persona 4 golden, ect. and when I play those i've noticed after about an hour it'll sit at around 51.1 (C/ 124f). So my question is if I were to play longer, say like 4 hours (it could happen

lol) would it just progressively get hotter to a dangerous level, and maybe I should invest in an external fan, or will it just continue to sit at that range?

Just now, sanctiondecision said:

Hey guys, I have a mini PC that doesn't have a fan but it claims to have some sort of cooling mechanism and so far its been pretty effective.

hour or 2 and using hwmoniter i'll see that it stays at around 47.2 (C/ 117f) seemingly for as long as he'll play it for,

persona 4 golden, ect. and when I play those i've noticed after about an hour it'll sit at around 51.1 (C/ 124f). So my question is if I were to play longer, say like 4 hours (it could happen

lol) would it just progressively get hotter to a dangerous level of Dictators No Peace Mod APK, and maybe I should invest in an external fan, or will it just continue to sit at that range?

thanks in advance for any help

[ @sanctiondecision ]

--- Thoughts ---
There's no exact solution as it depends on the condition (mini pc, tasks, specs, etc). The solid solution is to always get a proper conventional PC or Laptop. Remembering it is a Mini PC, you can't expect it to have a solid cooling or it has but under normal uses only (obviously not gaming, especially it's fanless). Having 47.2 - 51.1C is still relatively normal in general, but because the temp is gradually increasing, you should always pay attention to it, especially when the temp reaches 80-90C. Theoreticly, if you're using relatively new Motherboard, it has some throttling feature if the hardware reaches a really high temp, it will lower the frequency to compensate the temp, it is called "BD PROCHOT". I think you  can do both; you can continue if the temp always sits under 80-90C, or you can optimize both Internal & External. I will assume that you're using Windows (since there're no emulation mentioned)

--- External ---
You can always buys some external fan, make sure that it has the strength to blow the heat out. Having an AC would help a little bit.

--- Internal ---
1) Since Windows is bloated, get some modded optimized Windows, like GG OS; this could help in decreasing amount of system tasks. You can also use some debloat script to remove unncecessary Windows Component.
2) You can use always use Throttle Stop. Make sure that BD Prochot is turned on and use Balanced - Powersave templates. You can go advance by doing under-volt with it to fix high-temp (Not Recommend if you're don't know what you're doing)
3) You can use Process Hacker. You can managed how many resources the app should use. You can play with Priority, I/O Priority (related to Read/Write in-app files) and Affinity (how many CPU that the app should use). Caution: it may cause lags for your game or even crashes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 6:05 PM, sanctiondecision said:

Although when I play on website gambling, there is no problem with PC.

lol) would it just progressively get hotter to a dangerous level, and maybe I should invest in an external fan, or will it just continue to sit at that range?

thanks in advance for any help

Considering your situation, where temperatures reach about 51.1°C (124°F) after an hour of gaming, it appears you're well within a safe operating range, especially when compared to the higher thresholds discussed above. However, if you were to extend your gaming sessions to 4 hours or more, it's possible that the temperature could gradually increase, although likely not to a dangerous level given the current trend you've observed.