Offsets and pointers

TryA651n

Question

Hello, I've a question. How I can use the values that I find using dump.cs, I learned to find the pointer of the class and use the offsets it has in the dump.cs, but when I close and open the game again, I need to repeat the process of finding the pointer of the class to calculate the offsets again. Can I find a fixed pointer that doesn't change? If so, can you explain to me how it works? I tried to search the float value in the XA region, like the videos on YouTube, but it didn't work at the time of testing, it was still the same way even changing the value found in the XA region.

6 answers to this question

Hi. I dunno how mod menus work, never tried making one so can't help there, can't help you with modifying arm assembly instructions either.

And for offsets in Xa i can't explain it technically but as far as i understand you take the start address of an executable that has been mapped in to the process virtual memory and do offset calculation using the method offset that you found. 

The method offsets shown in the dump.cs are the offsets to the start of a function. 

The executable can be in Cd or Xa, For example in the screenshot it is in Cd, its possible it could be in other Memory ranges but haven't seen it yet. At least not for what i assumed to be relevant with the dump.cs.

start address => 0x799AEC8000

Afterwards you do offset calculation from the dump using method offsets:   0x799AEC8000 + 0x1FFFAE

Then you reach the start of a function.

If your editing doesn't work it can be because the function it self is not being called or you edited it wrong. 

Screenshot_2022-08-27-07-46-27-633_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Platonic said:

If you already have the dump.cs you should use the field offset finder.

I know how to do the manual process of finding the value using the field, but when one match ends for example and I start another, the game closes.

Is there any way I can use another region to change the value, for example "Xa"?

5 hours ago, TryA651n said:

I know how to do the manual process of finding the value using the field, but when one match ends for example and I start another, the game closes.

Is there any way I can use another region to change the value, for example "Xa"?

BadCase Toolbox Demo (#35pz7irl)

In Xa?

Yeah, using methods. This script will show you the methods and make it possible for edit them without needing to look for some manuals or hex to arm converter.

53 minutes ago, Platonic said:

BadCase Toolbox Demo (#35pz7irl)

In Xa?

Yeah, using methods. This script will show you the methods. 

Yes, I saw something about the Xa region and what I understand, has static values, but when I search the value and change it, in the game nothing happens.

I was wondering how I can use the Xa range with the offsets of the dump file, Wanted to learn how to do this process of using the Xa range manually, I dont feel that I learn when a script does everything automatic and I just take the values and put in my mod menu, wanted to learn this.

Archived